2008 Ford F250 Bully Dog or??

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice...looking at improving the mileage on a 2008 with a Bully Dog or similar attachment. Any suggestions and maybe even suggestions of who I could talk to or take the truck to...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know anyone in your area, But you could try M&M tech, may be called higher tech ? just north of trochu 403-442-2499. claims with an SCT programmer and removing the regen pipes you can get close to 28 mpg on o8 ford 6.4 litre. Cost around $1800, Clown in Red Deer ccv wants $2800 for the same thing, I think he's a Aussie crook from the down under order.

GRD

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice...looking at improving the mileage on a 2008 with a Bully Dog or similar attachment. Any suggestions and maybe even suggestions of who I could talk to or take the truck to...

Before adding a programmer, put on an air intake and bigger exhaust. I don't have the Edge Juice, but heard it has some good safety features and is one of the better programs on the market. BIGFOOT runs the edge, and loves it! :beer:

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know anyone in your area, But you could try M&M tech, may be called higher tech ? just north of trochu 403-442-2499. claims with an SCT programmer and removing the regen pipes you can get close to 28 mpg on o8 ford 6.4 litre. Cost around $1800, Clown in Red Deer ccv wants $2800 for the same thing, I think he's a Aussie crook from the down under order.

Wow. Now, that's canadian MPG presumably right? so about 24 US Mpg? I could see that someone managed to put a half a tank through to get that kind of numbers. I've heard about 17-18 is doable with the SCT and DPF delete.

Still that's pretty expensive IMO

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Travis...is Bigfoot running a 2008...maybe I should talk to him...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
does anyone have any advice...looking at improving the mileage on a 2008 with a bully dog or similar attachment. Any suggestions and maybe even suggestions of who i could talk to or take the truck to...

the Superchip Cortex is dooin quite well on the new fords too... With the stock exhaust.

Last edited:

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a SCT XCal2 and running custom tunes in my 06 F350. Quite a nice jump in power and fuel mileage. Plus the added fact the custom tunes are tranny safe.
NADP in Edmonton is who I would talk with for upgrades.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dobir the problem with your 08 compared to all the earlier models is the DPF. The only solution for you is to have it fall off your truck. All diesel engines from 2007 on have diesel particulate filters that use fuel to reburn the soot it traps = low MPG. I'm coming south on sunday to have mine fall off at Kustom. The best way for you to find out all the info about this is to find a ford powerstroke forum online and do some research, theres tons of info and lots to consider before making the decision to remove the DPF.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear about 2 g's and no warranty...I suppose you get th special rate at custom...lol..I know the shop well

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
warranty is any issue. A good dealer or a connection can go a long way. Not sure about the new fords as I just got rid of my 05 f350 for my new d-max, but if you know the right people can save a fair amount of $ for the equip. to do DPF delete. Dobir, we know the same people. The new d-max is getting reports of 3-5 mpg gains with this mod. Thats pretty dam good considering I only get 13mpg on the hwy, 10mpg in the city and I dont even want to know what it is with the enclosed 4 place loaded up behind it. So, lots of factors to consider ($/warranty) to decide if it s the right move for you. I have also heard of worse mileage when running programmers and tuners with out removing the DPF, as more power usually means more smoke which means more regens to clean the filter, which means more fuel.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya..i guess i will ask our connection if he knows anything ford...see you when you get down here.

PIKER

Reaction score
Dobir, Let me know what you do and how it works as I too have an 08 F350 that spends half of it time at the fuel pump.

Thanks, Quintin.

PIKER

Reaction score
Dobir, I just ordered a DPF Delete and Tuner from Spartan Diesel Tech; I will let you know how it works out.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the Superchips cortex Now in my 08 6.4 i get on average 19.5mpg cdn hand calculated with the performance setting runnin strait highway (to Ft Mac and Back) in town 16mpg
On the tow setting i get 18mpg same run ft mac and back and 16 in town if im nice to it.

DON'T run the EDGE at all on the 08 6.4 it will cost you 2g's for a new particulate filter and your waranty is GONE

The Bully dog is ok but you might get CEL's

If ur goin to do the DPF delete spartan is one of the best and they make crazy power and most guys are gettin 22mpg US but i dont have any first hand exp with a delete yet its commin in the spring.

sorry for the long post
Matt

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey the more the advice the better...if i could get what you have for mileage ...wow...where did you get that and get it installed??? trying to find a good place....every diesel shop sems to have different advice

Cartel

Reaction score
I am suprised that no one has mentioned BANKS at all, that who I would be going with.
They have some of the best products on the market, and they do the most product testing of anyone!
And they also have the world record for the fastest deisel truck, that says something too.
Just my two cents

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a 08 GMC c/c with d-max and i just got home from a Fort Mac to Lethbridge and back trip pulling a 4 place enclosed trailer. on the way down the trailer weighed in at around 8300lbs and it took about 360L to go the approx 930km. That works out to ruffly 7-8mpg. While in Lethbridge my DPF may have fallen off and a 50HP tune may have accidently been installed with a Quadzilla stealth 2. On the way back to Fort Mac the trailer weighed about 4000lbs and I used around 225L, it worked out to around 12-13mpg. I know its not a accurate comparison as the trailer weight was not the same, there was more wind on the way back north, and I traveled almost 10km/h faster with the lighter trailer, but I would have to say that the DPF delete and light HP tune has definitely helped somewhat. I cant wait to do a road trip with out the trailer to actually see the improvements. I use to average 13mpg on the hwy, and 10mpg around town, so if I get 12mpg with the trailer who knows now. I know Dobir started this post asking about the 6.4L powerstroke and I'm talking about a D-max but I would guess the DPF on the ford is having the same negative effects, and you ford guys should seriously research doing a delete. This is just FYI.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Banks otto mind and there performacnce chip isnt out yet, it was supose to be out months ago but it still isnt for sale as far as i know b/c i will b tryin it when it does.

I bought the chip from Kevin at Rapid Revoloutions, i buy lots of chit from him and i get prity good deals. He beat every one eles price by over 100bux for the S/C Cortex

and its just a hand held it took 15min to load into DIY

my MPG are at 108 to 110km/h with a 08 F350 quad cab short box with 3.73

Top Bottom