2008 APEX M-TX

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found myself another project. 2008 Apex m-tx 162. This one is in mint condition, price was right and I couldn’t pass it up. Planning on keeping it stock for the trails.

IMG_2812.jpeg
IMG_2813.jpeg
IMG_2814.jpeg
IMG_2816.jpeg

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely some corrosion underneath but it did very well. Guy stored it inside and transported in an enclosed.

Surprised the exhaust bellow clamps weren’t loose or blown out. Steering post bushings are shot. Front suspension bushings seem to be tight still.

IMG_2817.jpeg
IMG_2818.jpeg
IMG_2819.jpeg
IMG_2820.jpeg

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice project Shawn, you definitely bleed blue man.
There is something about the sound of these Apex, kinda falls in the same category as the 700 Yamaha triple. "Unique", I love it.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol. I’m bored and sleddings been. Meh. I do like the 4stroke yammies. Someone needs to preserve the history. Ha. Should be a fun project.

Yeah gave me goosebumps listening to that motor again. Man these things feel like a tank compared to the sidewinder. lol

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you ever tried an RX1, LOL.
I believe with Yamaha's departure of the sport that their sleds in general will become more valuable, a lot more then any of the others.
I know I could have sold my SW multiple times for more then what I would had expected, there is a demand for them.

We have snow around here, Okanagan sits at about 80% of it pack, but not your typical riding zones that tourist go too and club zones offer.
The areas are non advertised local knowledge only, low local traffic and generally better snow belt has kept it nice.
Friends were out yesterday and rode all day in 20+" of pow, bluebird day. I'm sidelined so missing out.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome back flips with the twin tail pipes. LOL, stay on the throttle.

It’s needs all the throttle it can get for that maneuver lol. 700+lbs and 150hp at sea level, isn’t a good recipe for some sick air time. But definitely looking forward to final product of the build, always quality work done by turblue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After I get the clutches Vapor blasted it should clean up very nice. Looks great after a bit of degreasing.

76EE8C65-C599-4906-A1FF-F62A7C0D908E.jpeg

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking good. I don't mean to highjack your thread... but do you know if I can try to put a Munster finger throttle on my 2006 Apex or will that be a problem with the throttle switch? I know Chad(CR Racing) supplies an aluminum throttle block that utilizes the thumb trigger, but its not what I want.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would add a tether and bypass the throttle switch. That’s what I typically do. Then it’s if the cable end will fit. Should be fairly easy.

Don’t worry about high jacking ask away.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would add a tether and bypass the throttle switch. That’s what I typically do. Then it’s if the cable end will fit. Should be fairly easy.

Don’t worry about high jacking ask away.
It currently has a tether. I may have to pick your brain on the throttle bypass though. I've been researching the Apex and Munster cable ends from different kits and comparing them. I think I'll give it a try. I'm also wanting to change the bars and controls. Most likely to Doo equipment as I ride a one.

Top Bottom