2008/9 F350 Chips

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a 09 F350 and I am running a S&B Air Filter and a DPF Delete Kit, was just wondering if anyone is running the same setup, and if anyone has any recomendations for chips. I was thinking of running a Dr Performance but would like to know what everyone else is running. Looking for the good and the bad points.

Thanks!

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Banks has intensive testing and vast amounts of products.
Bully dog seems to be popular i like it for the crazy larry program.
Edge has chips that you connect and go and are untraceable im told.
These seem to be the most popular brands, id reserch the companies and chosse a model.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spartan is by far the most popular for the 6.4 followed by sct.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what chip are you running right now? you need one with the DPF delete kit or your truck will go into regen and wont come out, and it wont take long before this happens!
as for chips
Spartan
SCT
and i think there is a special order edge
and a few others check powerstroke.org under 6.4 performance section

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right now I have no chips, just a straight pipe from the engine out the back and a S&B intake.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow i would eather put your DPF back in now!! or not drive your truck very far from home because if will be going into regen then limp mode very soon,
who did the dpf delete for you?
you need a chip with dpf delete tuning installed in it, most all of the regular chips you can buy dont have that, ei..superchips flashpaq/cortex, edge, banks, preditor, dr performance.

if i was you id be calling NADP tomorow morning and buying a dpf delete programmer before you have to tow it to ford to get them to redo your ecm/ecu and voiding your warrenty.

fyi dpf delete programmers start at around a 1000bux
i would suggest spartin or SCT

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow i would eather put your DPF back in now!! or not drive your truck very far from home because if will be going into regen then limp mode very soon,
you need a chip with dpf delete tuning installed in it, most all of the regular chips you can buy dont have that, ei..superchips flashpaq/cortex, edge, banks, preditor, dr performance.

if i was you id be calling NADP tomorow morning and buying a dpf delete programmer before you have to tow it to ford to get them to redo your ecm/ecu and voiding your warrenty.

Exactly correct as mentioned above, I am giddy with excitement as I get my S@B intake 4" downpipe back exhaust and 275 hp spartan dashdaq installed on Tues. (Good bye regenerations!)

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Get a Programmer ASAP, as mentioned by Oilboy you are going to F$&^ up your truck and no warrenty your going to be out $60000, when doing modifications on your truck you should always do some research as there are a lot of guys that will help you on this and other forums, you just have to ask no one wants to see you screw up your truck just because you didn't ask. If you are planning for any other mods ask us and we could give you some insight for future mods. Good luck in the future.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've read on a other forums of guys running dpf deletes WITHOUT programmers. Seems some guys have put 50k miles with no dpf or programer, and no problems. Also heard of others only making it 2 blocks. As for it going into regen and screwing up your truck, I dont think it will hurt your truck, it just goes into a limp or reduced power mode, there for not harming your truck. I know on the new d-max it goes into limp and says to do manual regen on the dash. What I'm saying is, if it's working for you without a programmer, right on and good luck hopefully your one of the lucky ones. And if it does go south on ya, no biggy, just grab a programmer and throw it in at that time.

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to aplogize I guess I do have a chip I did get my dpf delete from NADP, seems to be working awesome put 800 Km on today and was getting 14L/100Km

I was just wondering what other chips would be a good add on.

plastictits

Reaction score
I have to aplogize I guess I do have a chip I did get my dpf delete from NADP, seems to be working awesome put 800 Km on today and was getting 14L/100Km

I was just wondering what other chips would be a good add on.

how long have you had the modulator in for? what did NADP charge you? did youdo the install yourself?

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok good you were scare'n me man I though you just cut the dpf out and welded a pipe in there, i didnt want to see you screw up ur SD

what tune did they install with the dpf delete chip or is it just a tuner that takes out the regen?

Im not sure what system they use so i cant be of any help as for compatible chips but if any of them will work i would suggest the superchips flashpaq or the cortex, I have the cortex in my 6.4 and get great fuel mialage with the DPF:
110 with it on race 19 to 20 mpg
110 with tow safe 18 to 19 mpg
get about 600km to a tank in the winter and 750ish in the summer.

keep us informed on how the DPF delete is working i am very interested in doing it in the near furure

Matt

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I put the DPF Delete on after 1200 Km, all of the trucks in our shop have the same mod. We do a lot of pipeline inspections and have to keep our trucks running with the DPF we can get about a week out of the truck before it goes into safe mode then we are stuck in the middle of nowhere with a truck that wont do 60kph. From NADP I got the Stage 4 DPF Delete Kit (Eliminates cat, DPF & muffler. 4-inch dual front-pipe-back kit.) The kit also includes a module for clearing DPF releated codes, basicly it sets the DPF Counter to 0.

Now my ruck sounds pretty sweet its only slighty louder than stock, and when you shut it off its sounds like a Lear Jet due to the turobs spooling down.

James

Top Bottom