2007 yamaha phazer mtx

brewster

Reaction score
Wife rolled her sled last year and broke the guage assy, and wiring harness clip that goes into the back of the guage. Looking for replacement guage assy and wiring harness or willing to sell the sled with out guage assy. Only has 850 klms when rolled. Everything else is mint. I'm a welder and tig welded on a stainless magnaflow muffler, Sounds great. Anyway any suggestions would be appreciated, looking to get rid of this phazer and get her a brp product.

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the track length? and how much? I wouldnt mind picking up a sled for the gf. Ideally it would be a 144 track

brewster

Reaction score
Yea this is an mtx it has a long track on it. Not sure of exact length. I'll take a few pics next week when I get home. The sled is mint besides the guage. She's just not good on sleds yet and it's a little much for her. I put an extra set of bogey wheels on it, cause she only ride it twice at Clemina on the trail to the cabin.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya its got a 144" x 2" x 14" wide maverick on it, I snowchecked an 07 the first year they came out with intentions of turboing it, but after seeing how shitty they ran with a turbo I decided against it. Rode it for 2 seasons then got rid of it. Probably the worst sled purchase I ever made....... so far.......

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently if you only make one mod to that sled, forget the turbo and move the skid back 3" and stick a 151 track on it. Shallows up the approach angle, stops the sled from trenching so much and "feels" like it has 20 more horsepower in deep snow conditions. After that, Timbersled front and rear suspension w/fox floats and a full aftermarket exhaust will drop 50 pounds and get the weight down to around 460, right even with an XP or m-series two smoker.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For it to be a fun sled, for a grown man anyway, it would need like 80 more hp plus all the light weight mods. By the time all that was done you would be into it for like $18-$20000 and still only have 150-160 hp. Its better off staying near stock and being a turn key and go sled for the wife or kids

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a turn key for the wife or kids it will run forever. Yes the 151 does make alot of difference to the sled.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For it to be a fun sled, for a grown man anyway, it would need like 80 more hp plus all the light weight mods. By the time all that was done you would be into it for like $18-$20000 and still only have 150-160 hp. Its better off staying near stock and being a turn key and go sled for the wife or kids
Oh I totally agree that's why I got an 800 two-smoker for myself this season. I bought a Phazer last winter as a learn the ropes sled that I could give to the wife after a few months, and she loves everything about it except for the trenching problem. Being only 5 feet tall she has a very hard time handling most sleds but nothing is as easy to lay over as that yammie with it's 14" wide track...handles just like a dirt bike which is what she's used to. But yeah...not a man's sled.

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah my girlfriend doesnt have any real experience on sleds, she keeps telling me that i should buy a new sled and give her mine lol. I tell her "sorry a 2 stroke 800 is a bit much for a beginner" lol. i think a phazer would be ideal though.

I am interested in a price and location. I wouldnt mind coming to take a look at it. Shoot me some contact info through pm please.

thanks

Dax1

Reaction score
I
am looking at buying a 07 to 10 phaser for my son and was wondering if there are any changes between the years to sway my decision one way or the other to get a newer one or the other. Thanks!

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres no changes from 2007 to current other than colors, and skiis the last year models
Phazers are tippy if you plan to just push the throttle and sit there, not recomended for a unconfident green rider, have had both stock and turboed phazers, I personally like them for a 80hp sled, my wife hated it. I am looking for a motor and turbo for my XP project

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not even a good sled for the wife or kids. Too dam tippy!!! No surprise that your wife rolled it Brewster. I had an 07 for half a season 2 years ago, got it with the intention of the wife replacing her MM700...she wanted no part of the Phazer. She hated it. I hated it....GONE!

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL, My son rode his since he was 9 (hes 15 now). Now hes on a nytro and the wife rides it. She knows its a stand up sled. Moved the skis all the way in and removed the sway bar and my kid rode that sled all over. For the wife, moved the skis all the way out and installed the sway bar again.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i wasout of the sport a few years ago i rode one at christmas (was my auntys)
Was happy i was riding but that thing beat the crap outa me
for a small sled w no HP it was sper hard to turn and keep on 2 skis

Always said if they fixed that issue, put at least 130HP under it , it would be an awesome beginner sled

Wait......maybe thats the Nytro ;)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i wasout of the sport a few years ago i rode one at christmas (was my auntys)
Was happy i was riding but that thing beat the crap outa me
for a small sled w no HP it was sper hard to turn and keep on 2 skis

Always said if they fixed that issue, put at least 130HP under it , it would be an awesome beginner sled

Wait......maybe thats the Nytro ;)

Had one with 141 or so HP. It still sucked ass.

Top Bottom