2007 summit adrenaline 151

marcelh

Reaction score
Any reviews or things to watch for on this sled would be greatly appreciated. Any things I should do or watch for also would be nice:)

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive got an 07 also, check the clutches, make sure rave hoses are all good and like maxwell said MOTOR update is a must

hihi962

Reaction score
motor update a must... what are you talk'n about? ... mine works flawless.. not everyone has a blown motor, or needs replacement.
just make sure the clutch update has been done.

I have riden mine well with almost 2000 miles on it, (90% mountian miles) never ever had a breakdown or problem other then what I have inflicted on it! Only blew one belt so far.

I kept mine completely stock other then a can, and removed the plastic belt shield.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3d reve gilotines.... there is the newest version out there thats the same as the 2011 etecs .... 140.00 for both... cuase they will break off and mess some chit up...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
motor update a must... what are you talk'n about? ... mine works flawless.. not everyone has a blown motor, or needs replacement.

I have riden mine well with almost 2000 miles on it, (90% mountian miles) never ever had a breakdown or problem other then what I have inflicted on it! Only blew one belt so far.

I kept mine completely stock other then a can, and removed the plastic belt shield.

yup some last forever but most dont. the issue still exists within your engine some just dont ever lock up. chances are yours wont.

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thought i had one of the miracle engines also until the 2500km mark and crank gone bye bye, some are good and when dialed in these 07's run good, regardless of the motor loss on mine im still happy with it, fix it and go again

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got over 3500 MILES (5600KM) on my 07 Adrenaline and it still pulls just fine, maybe got one of the good ones. Regular maintanence and synthetic since new. No motor or belt issues so far, had to replace the starter, thats it.
Don't ride the hell out of it and put it away wet then expect it to perfom flawlessly all year.
I kept mine mostly stock, just a pipe and can, it takes me anywhere I want.
Enjoy yours, I've have a great time on mine.

shockman

Reaction score
I have an 07 that got a new motor when I got it in 08, this motor has over 5000k on it and still runs strong. I did replace the raves to the updated ones and after trying to get the clutching right for a few hundred miles and a few belts, ditched the stock secondary for a team and get over 1000k on a 166 belt. I now have a 2010xp and cannot outclimb my 07!!! The 07 has 80% of it's miles in the steep and deep. I'm going to make the 2010 outclimb the 07 but I know it will cost a lot of money, ie: team conversion, unported track etc. Everbody jumped on the XP chassie when it came out and quickly forgot the Rev. I still don't think it was that big of an improvement, yes it's lighter, but to me it does not feel like it gets up on the snow as well. I'm hopeing a better track will help.:beer:

go_cubbies22

Reaction score
I'm looking at an 07 Summit 800r. The motor was replaced under warranty in 09. It is still under Ski Doo warranty until Jan 2012. Would this be a good buy for $3500? If it hasn't been done, will the warranty cover the clutch update that was mentioned earlier? Would this be a good first sled? Thanks.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at an 07 Summit 800r. The motor was replaced under warranty in 09. It is still under Ski Doo warranty until Jan 2012. Would this be a good buy for $3500? If it hasn't been done, will the warranty cover the clutch update that was mentioned earlier? Would this be a good first sled? Thanks.

I dont think u will get clutches updated but in 07 they were ok for most part...

ya for $3500 seems cheap how many miles?
what track? the one with smoth paddles is better then the challenger lite in pow for sure.

is it bent anywhere, clutcjhes look clean and no marks?

great first sled man

go_cubbies22

Reaction score
I dont think u will get clutches updated but in 07 they were ok for most part...

ya for $3500 seems cheap how many miles?
what track? the one with smoth paddles is better then the challenger lite in pow for sure.

is it bent anywhere, clutcjhes look clean and no marks?

great first sled man

It has 3400 miles, the engine was replaced at 1600 with an 09 800r engine. It has 2 1/4" lugs on a 144" track.

I'm also looking at a 2009 Summit Everest 800 for $4500. It has 3800 miles (so about 2000 more than the 07s new engine) but only has been rode by an older gentlemen. It is out of warranty compared to 9 more months of warranty on the 07. What do you guys think is a better deal? All advice is appreciated.

Top Bottom