2007 Phazer mtx

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of picking up a one of these for the wife and looking for some info on them. I will probably be riding once in a while as well around home. Would like some info on
problems or issues
handling (heard it feels light, but also tippy.)
how is the power
do you think a 130lb wife will like it
anything else you can think of

thanks

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres my experience with the Phazer. My son rides one. Hes 13 and does well. He weighs in at about 140ish. He has no problem throwing it around. He wishes it had more power. My wife rides it and she likes it. Its nibble enough for her to chuck around. Shes 5'3 and about 130lbs. It is tippy, its a stand up sled. We had to take out the stock rear springs and put in heavier ones. Other than that, changing the oil is a PITA, windshield is useless, not much wind protection. But a fun sled to ride. It won't be a hill climber, but it goes very well in the snow. IMO. Remember, its a 500cc 4 stroke, so its not the most powerful thing out there. Hope this helps you out.

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks. Just the info i was looking for. Wife won't care about the power too much. Maybe in a year or 2. I am looking at it for a long term sled for around home and the odd trip to the mountains for her. The reliabilty and amount of km's you can put on these things is what i like best.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought one for the wife and she really likes it. I hear a lot about the tippy thing also, in reality it's not it just feels like it similar to a dirt bike feel.

Point the sucker at a hill or side hill and it climbs like a billy goat until you loose power.

Wanted to put a low boost turbo on it but wify said next year....

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine got one for his wife and she refused to give it a second chance as the "tippiness" scared the chit out of her. I can see it being fun in the deeper snow, but for the flatland she'll want something more stable. imo

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the above mentioned sled for a year. Loved it! But the others are right, it is a tippy sled and if your not an agressive rider its not for you. And the engine braking effect on the 07 was rather harsh. I can't remember the amount of times I've gone over the bars on that thing when I was gettin used to it. Its deffinately a sled you need to learn to ride. Its like nothin else but its a blast to ride imo.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
everyone has there own preference and riding style, the phazer is definitely a different ride. it is aggresive on the engine braking and you do sit up high.

but it is reliable and fun.... the tippy tribute could also be explained as very nimble....and agile. like the difference between a sport quad and a big 4x4... we have one that is turbo'd that ive owned since 07...its a lot of fun....stock it is a 80 hp unit.

Like any sled. it has lots of possibilities for personal rider enhancement. we went with simmons gen 1 skis and found this to be a big improvement in handling. Some customers have put more weight (adjustment) on the front end, which they say helped with the control for smaller riders...

All in all i believe these are a good sled for most riders, however like anything
you have to do your homework and be willing to get used a different rider style, which is no different than jumping off a 2009 apex onto a 2009 nytro..they all handle differently... imo...

good luck

Top Bottom