2007 ltr 450?

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, im thinking about trading my ktm for a 2007 ltr 450 to keep or make some cash on. is there any design flaws with these quads? are they relible? any input would be apreciated :d

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a yfz 450 man. I had an 07 just keep changing your oil and filter every 10 hours or so. I had well over 6000 km before I took the top end apart to rebuild it. Piston ring cylinder wall cams and valves were like brand new.
Put new piston and ring in it rode another 3000 km sold it.

Best quad ever never had one problem and I drove the pizz out of it.

Never needed choke ever even when outside for well over 2 weeks would fire first push of the button.

The thing ripped now I want another one.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a yfz 450 man. I had an 07 just keep changing your oil and filter every 10 hours or so. I had well over 6000 km before I took the top end apart to rebuild it. Piston ring cylinder wall cams and valves were like brand new.
Put new piston and ring in it rode another 3000 km sold it.

Best quad ever never had one problem and I drove the pizz out of it.

Never needed choke ever even when outside for well over 2 weeks would fire first push of the button.

The thing ripped now I want another one.

i had a 2004 and its was dank but im wondering if i should trade for a ltr 450R efi

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No way man get a 07 yfz they have that direct oil injection at the base of the piston every stroke. So they don't have the problems the old ones did.

But Ltrs are sweet too. Just would always get a yfz 450 instead.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No way man get a 07 yfz they have that direct oil injection at the base of the piston every stroke. So they don't have the problems the old ones did.

But Ltrs are sweet too. Just would always get a yfz 450 instead.

but i got a guy that wants to trade for a 2007 ltr 450. Im thinking of cleaning it up real nice than flipping it for $4500-5000.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya you could do that I had one he'll of a time getting rid of my sport quads seems no one wants them even for dirt cheap.

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres a link to all you ever need to now about the LTR
Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com
As well Ltrs seem to hold there value better than most other sport quads so if you can get a deal there is money to be made for sure
2006&2007 had the strongest trannies which is a common problem with any ltr.
Also make sure it has a shift pin relocation kit also a common problem.
In 2008 the header pipe was redesigned and new map allowing for 1-2 more hp
2009 saw a clutch upgrade
Add a cherry bomb remove baffle and airbox lid =7hp according to yoshimura
If there treated right and with a few upgrades they are pretty bulletproof and the fuel injection system is downright awsome best FI system in any sport quad.
My quad with just a Fuel Filter, pipe, and PCV was able to beat every quad I came across in brule including a yfz480 all except KFX Drm Rippers nuts NOS breathing kfx

As well I have an 09 exhaust, yoshimura PIM fuel controller and an entire 2006 parts quad I would give you a wicked deal just to get them out of my garage.
My new 2009 Ltr

Attachments

• 000_0001.jpg
    000_0001.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 72

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres a link to all you ever need to now about the LTR
Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com
As well Ltrs seem to hold there value better than most other sport quads so if you can get a deal there is money to be made for sure
2006&2007 had the strongest trannies which is a common problem with any ltr.
Also make sure it has a shift pin relocation kit also a common problem.
In 2008 the header pipe was redesigned and new map allowing for 1-2 more hp
2009 saw a clutch upgrade
Add a cherry bomb remove baffle and airbox lid =7hp according to yoshimura
If there treated right and with a few upgrades they are pretty bulletproof and the fuel injection system is downright awsome best FI system in any sport quad.
My quad with just a Fuel Filter, pipe, and PCV was able to beat every quad I came across in brule including a yfz480 all except KFX Drm Rippers nuts NOS breathing kfx

As well I have an 09 exhaust, yoshimura PIM fuel controller and an entire 2006 parts quad I would give you a wicked deal just to get them out of my garage.
My new 2009 Ltr

ya I think ill trade.

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya id do it and if ya need any parts PM me everthing is interchangeable from the 06 to the 07
And ill sell you the 09 pipe and fuel programmer for 300obo You can make around 9 hp over stock
programmer works prefect and pipe has 20 hours on it

Last edited:

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
both of my boys raced ltrs since 2006(CMRC),(and stilll do) wouldnt buy anything else. Almost bullet proof, stock. Oldest boy runs 2007 HiComp Piston,Dyno tuned Holeshot every time, when he wants too.:d Very reliable.Gained about 7hp in the midrange and 2 on top end with piston alone. Extremely noticable over stock. Also have Ohlin shocks, Rides like a Cadilac!!

Top Bottom