2007 kodiak big problems

farmboy020

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I was out driving my kodiak the other day got stuck and could not even turn the tires. Once i got pulled out i hit some problems in all gears it is like ti is engaged in forwards but iw will only drive forwards when the gear shifter is in neutral. I pulled the clutch cover offf adn the belt all looks fine. But seeings how the shifting is all messed up as in if i put it in reverse it is like it is trying to drive forward but it stilll wont move. Does any one have any ideas that would help me. Thanks

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I was out driving my kodiak the other day got stuck and could not even turn the tires. Once i got pulled out i hit some problems in all gears it is like ti is engaged in forwards but iw will only drive forwards when the gear shifter is in neutral. I pulled the clutch cover offf adn the belt all looks fine. But seeings how the shifting is all messed up as in if i put it in reverse it is like it is trying to drive forward but it stilll wont move. Does any one have any ideas that would help me. Thanks

sounds like u bent your shifter control rod, if you got stuck enough and the tires wouldnt move its possible that you smoked your internal clutch pack , does your oil smell burnt?

try putting the unit on jack stands and see if it works with no load on the drive, if it does it may be the clutch pak. You can also try shifting the unit or adjusting the linkage. this may help. its a place to start anyway...

Terry

farmboy020

Reaction score
The ooil does not smel burnt but i will take alook thansk for the input.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it drives forward when the gears are in neutral, your shift linkage just skipped a bit. you may have a bigger problem, but look along the linkage and it may have come loose enough to skip one or two spots. I had that happen a few years ago and it freaked me out at first, but was an easy fix once I found it.

Top Bottom