2007 Ford F-350

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a 2007 f-350 outlaw it got 60,000 kms on it thinking about buying it, is there anything i should look out for,did anybody have any trouble with these truck help would be great thanks.

Coxy

Reaction score
Those are pretty sweet trucks, especially if you like red. They are great trucks for the most part, tranny is awesome, drivetrain is real solid all in all, rides nice, turns sharp etc. The motor has some weak points, but if maintained properly, and you dont run the generic modules/tuners on it, chances are it will treat you pretty good. I have an 05 which is the same truck more or less, and yeah mine has been in for some work. Previous owner had a generic tune stuck in the PCM and towed with it. I knew it was tuned, and shortly after that i had the tune flashed out by Ford, but the damage had been done. Now its all fixed up with studs and EGR delete etc, and with a custom tuned SCT the truck is unreal. Some guys have good luck, some not so much. If you have some warranty on this truck, i would go for it. But go through the paces, get it inspected by ford, do an oasis report through Ford, that will tell you whats been done via warranty, and give you any updates that were done etc.
Brian

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a 2007 f-350 outlaw it got 60,000 kms on it thinking about buying it, is there anything i should look out for,did anybody have any trouble with these truck help would be great thanks.

Run don't walk away from a a 6 leaker, they will get you eventually and cost you big. (I have owned 4 of them and all of them were duds.)

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a few threads on problems with the fords on the forums here,..never been a ford man,..

Don't limit your info to whats here. the 6.0 cost Ford a lot of customers.

Google "ford navistar lawsuits"

When you have problems with the 6 leaker, people will say I told you so.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good too know,.. I guess that's why my BIL who is a ex ford mechanic won't work on anything that has the 6.0,.. he prefers 7.3 and older.

grizzly se

Reaction score
I've had my 06 for 3 yrs now with 145 ks and no problems at all, but you do have to run a fuel conditioner in it. Run a fuel lube and not winter cond, a fuel lube will protect the injectors but the winter conditioner contains alcohol which dries out the injectors. Don't use 2 stroke oil or atf.:nono::nono:

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a stock 05 diesel and love it just got back from McBride scale out at
Hinton at 15500 lbs around trip cost about 160.00 five sleds ,4 passers and all rest of the gear easy ride at 118 k.m it works for me

summit7

Reaction score
Those are pretty sweet trucks, especially if you like red. They are great trucks for the most part, tranny is awesome, drivetrain is real solid all in all, rides nice, turns sharp etc. The motor has some weak points, but if maintained properly, and you dont run the generic modules/tuners on it, chances are it will treat you pretty good. I have an 05 which is the same truck more or less, and yeah mine has been in for some work. Previous owner had a generic tune stuck in the PCM and towed with it. I knew it was tuned, and shortly after that i had the tune flashed out by Ford, but the damage had been done. Now its all fixed up with studs and EGR delete etc, and with a custom tuned SCT the truck is unreal. Some guys have good luck, some not so much. If you have some warranty on this truck, i would go for it. But go through the paces, get it inspected by ford, do an oasis report through Ford, that will tell you whats been done via warranty, and give you any updates that were done etc.
Brian
Coxy is correct do your home work and you should be good,I make my living working for Ford as a diesel tech,the only real problem the 07 had was headgaskets and then only when leadfooters use to high a program and drive with the hammer to the floor every time they take off.

Coxy

Reaction score
Haha i love it when the topic of diesels come up. Everyone pretends like their preference of truck is problem free... Pick your poison, no matter what you chose your going to be putting money into it somewhere weather you care to admit it or not. I bought my 6.0 truck knowing the issues, and wound up with an awesome truck.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brian

This is mint shape the truck is at a ford dealer ship it come with 100,000kms power train warranty there are no mods done with the truck...but how would i know if the truck had a tune on it or not thanks..

Coxy

Reaction score
Nice, buying from Ford is a fairly safe way to go, especially if you have some warranty on it. If there is no module or "chip" in it, thats the obvious part. Mine had a tune in it from a programmer, but no programmer to be found to return it to stock. Ford flashed it, and i was good to go on normally. Normally you return the tune to stock anytime you go near a dealership lol. :)

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice, buying from Ford is a fairly safe way to go, especially if you have some warranty on it. If there is no module or "chip" in it, thats the obvious part. Mine had a tune in it from a programmer, but no programmer to be found to return it to stock. Ford flashed it, and i was good to go on normally. Normally you return the tune to stock anytime you go near a dealership lol. :)

thanks alot for your help i think i am going to get the truck.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just google the Ford 6.o litre diesel and see what you come up with...It is the worst diesel engine ever manufactured with the highest maintainance cost per km. Just sayin...you don't need to be brand loyal to run from this lemon.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like they say every brand has there problems i have a 06 ford, sure ive done the usual motor fixes but at least im not replacing the front end and tranny every 30k, trust me i put it through its paces

Coxy

Reaction score
Exactly my point sweld! Balljoints and front end parts yearly, built trans if you run more then a tow tune, and then more driveline parts because theres no hub lockouts. Not to mention the interior in the Dodge. You have to over look alot of things to get the Cummins in a truck. Its like a 5000 dollar stereo in a 100 dollar car. :)

You could nitpic trucks all day long. Guys like to toss an edge juice or bullydog on these things and thats asking for problems. Do your research on a good forum, and have a real nice truck out of it. I have a ton of Dodge buddies, and there is no shortage of issues in that fine fleet either. Just sayin...

PS. Transporter your truck was a sexy bitch.

Top Bottom