2007 Duramax

Duramax11

Reaction score
Tranny cooler lines leaking is a common problem, went to the dealer and they were going to charge me $950 to fix. Called up one of the mechanics and he did it with materials for $480. I have heard head gaskets around 250,000ish kms. My 07 LBZ only has 56,000kms so i have a while before that. I ran an 04 LLY duramax before my 07 and it ran well for the 60,000kms i put on it. I ran efi live on the 100 horse tune and put hard miles on it with not a lick of troubles, seem to be pretty solid trucks. My buddy has the LMM and he just had to rebuild his, cracked piston with only 70,000ish kms.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
04 LLY. 272,000 km. one injector , one injector harness , mass air flow sensor , and needs a egr delete , transfer case has JB weld on it. A push rod I think it was at 50,000. That's about it. Has a leaky axel seal that's gonna get fixed to.
It hasn't had a easy life. Spent most of its time being beat to **** in NS on logging roads. Even ripped the tranny cross member out lol. Otherwise good truck

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine is a 07 old body style and no issues with over 300000 kmh on it,no trans or engine issues,runs great and works like it was brand new

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 07 classic dually. Egr delete. ,exhaust, intake, fass fuel system. Trucks runs great with 150000 km on it now. I tow heavy trailers all the time and the tranny/Motor still seam to run brand new. I keep my truck on hypertech 60 hp setting since the day I bought the truck in 07. The only troubles Iv had is I blew the cooler line right off the cooler driving through spruce grove on x mass eve few years ago. Had to do the brakes too and shocks. Trucks gets amazing fuel Milage when empty, 12 litres per 100 km. lol not so good when towing though 18 litres per 100 km. the 2007 classics are great trucks!!!!!

Last edited:

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive got an 07 lmm. 280000km on it now. Running efi 100hp tune. Truck runs awesome. No lack of power. Only had a couple injectors go. If you stay on top of oil changes, fuel filters and tranny fluid and filters it should be a good truck. Mine hasnt seen a shop since I bought it. I would try and find a lmm personally. The emissions crap and egr are easy to get rid off. And I got an exhaust brake programmed to which works awesome for towing in the mtns.

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ive got an 07 lmm. 280000km on it now. Running efi 100hp tune. Truck runs awesome. No lack of power. Only had a couple injectors go. If you stay on top of oil changes, fuel filters and tranny fluid and filters it should be a good truck. Mine hasnt seen a shop since I bought it. I would try and find a lmm personally. The emissions crap and egr are easy to get rid off. And I got an exhaust brake programmed to which works awesome for towing in the mtns.
To my understanding LLY and LBZ can be programmed to have engine brake capabilities, as it's all in the vane position when at a higher rpm in coordination with load position. B2210 B2212 and B2214 you change the target vane position at higher rpm so basically increase the number to around 80 at over 2200 rpm, so when you're coasting down the hill if your rpm gets higher then 2200 rpm the vane position changes to create more boost working the engine.

This is to my knowledge.

MiledOut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To my understanding LLY and LBZ can be programmed to have engine brake capabilities, as it's all in the vane position when at a higher rpm in coordination with load position. B2210 B2212 and B2214 you change the target vane position at higher rpm so basically increase the number to around 80 at over 2200 rpm, so when you're coasting down the hill if your rpm gets higher then 2200 rpm the vane position changes to create more boost working the engine.

This is to my knowledge.

This is correct on engine models with variable vein turbos, lly, lbz, lmm. efi live can be tuned to close the veins usually tuned on tow tunes acting as engine braking. lb7s cant be tuned to this as they don't have a variable vein turbo.

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a programmer that does the tuning for me for the engine braking ?? For a 07.

Cmcgillis

Reaction score
I've got an 07 lbz 300000km on it. wheel bearings at 200000km did the front end at 280. No engine or trans problems. Running ppe programer 120hp tune for the past 2 years. Great trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom