2007 apex blowing oil out breather

OLY'S 379X

Reaction score
apex mcx 310 stock engine head shim blowing oil out breather at high rpm. did leak down test all 5% or less.. what else can i check ? any help would be appreciated..

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does your sled have the stock oil tank? some of the after market ones were not baffled good enough

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check the hoses, make sure none are kinked, make sure the valve cover gasket is not leaking.

MRFUSION

Reaction score
Done a lot of leak down tests in my day and are you sure that yours is accurate? Hard to get 5% leak down on these engines especially boosted, usually 8-12%, if it is, great but the only way your going to push out the breather is blow by on the rings. I would recheck your leak down. JMO Good luck.

OLY'S 379X

Reaction score
ill double check for kinked hoses and return lines i guess . and do a leak down test on all the cylinders again tomorrow thanks for the help !

MRFUSION

Reaction score
I would think you have the stock vent hose taken from the stock airbox that leaves your baffle box on the left of the engine routed under the intercooler and secured in the nose? I take it thats where you are blowing oil?

Last edited:

OLY'S 379X

Reaction score
turbo shaft seals ? do you mean seals behind the mcx part behind the oil filter ? i didn't do the install..... but am learning lots as the years go buy just have not dealt with that yet . that provides oil to the turbo am i correct?

MRFUSION

Reaction score
If the turbo seals fail it will put oil into your charge tube or your exhaust header, both will result in burning oil but you have a blow by problem, I wouldnt worry about the turbo in this case.

OLY'S 379X

Reaction score
So found the problem.. On a couple of occasions i had the motor out ..once to repair the water pump .. And once for a mechanic to look at my repair and try and source the oil leak !! The return and breather lines that are on the front of the engine were mixed up !!! Swapped them back and the problem is solved ..

Top Bottom