2007 800r X

Born2Ride

Reaction score
Everbody that has the POS track on the 2007 X models, got mine warranteed today. If you dont ask you won't get. Powdermax track going on as soon as it comes in. Clutch has all the new parts in it, new track now just need to try it out.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everbody that has the POS track on the 2007 X models, got mine warranteed today. If you dont ask you won't get. Powdermax track going on as soon as it comes in. Clutch has all the new parts in it, new track now just need to try it out.

They gave you a track, what did you tell them cause i was gonna order a 162 maverick and a skid. Cause if they will warranty that track, ill take mine back this week to get a new one put on. Thanks for the info.

Born2Ride

Reaction score
Can't hurt to ask, I was totally taken back when they phoned me back 2 days latter and said yup no problem we will get you new track. I was expecting the " we don't warrentee tracks you must have ran over a sharp rock". Since this whole poor experince with the 2007, it's the 1st thing to go right, lets hope it will make a difference.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i went tot the sled show today and talked to the REP, I meen the head guy that my 2 buddys from the dealer talk to alot. He said to take it in and have them look at it. AND as long as it does not look like you were riding gravel, they will swap it out NQA. He Also said that if you own a 07 to report how your clutching turned out, weather it be bad or good as hey want ALL feed back and that the dealer will look after you as long as they have your feed back. Im heading out tommorow and ill find out, but i droped a clicker bolt today when instalin my quick clickers so i hope i didnt screw anything up. I had it back in right away and herd nothing drop at all.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine told me today that BRP asked to take the engine out of his 07 X-RS in exchange for a brand new one. Apparently they want to look at it to see why it never grenaded. Early builds with a thousand or more miles on them....weird, if they know what caused the problems, why are they still looking.......

MtnCrazy

Reaction score
I bought an 07 Summit X with the Challenger Lite track on it this fall, heading out to Revy in three days. Hopefully I don't have to many problems with the machine? I guess hopefully I don't have ANY at all. Good to know about the track though...thanks.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

what is wrong with challenger lite track?

Born2Ride

Reaction score
The challenger lite track 90% of the people out there have found them to be way to stiff, good for in the spring, but terrible in the powder. Its like they move too much snow too quick from under the track causing it to trench. Track was still in great shape, had 1 torn paddle for about an inch, last year was a ton of snow it would have been tough to wreck a track, conditions were so good.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The challenger lite track 90% of the people out there have found them to be way to stiff, good for in the spring, but terrible in the powder. Its like they move too much snow too quick from under the track causing it to trench. Track was still in great shape, had 1 torn paddle for about an inch, last year was a ton of snow it would have been tough to wreck a track, conditions were so good.

thanks
i just rode over the weekend with my 07X and noticed in comparison to my o4
it does trench the pow i kinda first noticed this with the 50foot rooster tail on the trail, so they will warranty the track without any questions?

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well they told me to bring the sled in for them to look at it first. But they might, just say its a POS track compared to the one that was on the 06. Be NICE about it though,cause they have the right to say no. which dealer did you get it from??

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well they told me to bring the sled in for them to look at it first. But they might, just say its a POS track compared to the one that was on the 06. Be NICE about it though,cause they have the right to say no. which dealer did you get it from??

my sled is from Montana but i service all my toys at BOW cycle. and my warranty is already transfered last year.
thanks for the info i will give them a call and start the sweet talking.

p.s. you missed an epic day in golden yesterday
i will post some pics on the golden forum
lets try and get out for a ride one day

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im heading to revy this weekend. prorbably the last one before my new years ride. Ill be headin out probably friday morning. I just need to find a deck asap. I found one but its in hinton. darnit!!!

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O and ya we should hook up for a ride one day. Im always down for lookin for new guys to ride with. Some of the guys i ride with dont always wanna go when i can.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O and ya we should hook up for a ride one day. Im always down for lookin for new guys to ride with. Some of the guys i ride with dont always wanna go when i can.

sounds good but cant make revy this weekend
i will be in golden on DEC 9 and 10th or could even go to revy
i live in cow town and always have sundays off but i usually work the saturday:realmad:
and i get a day off during the week
keep me in mind as i am always looking for bigger network of riders

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My track was warrenteed as well. I put a used 04 track on the sled, took the lite track in. One of the side paddles was gone. Presto, new track!

where did you take your sled for service?
dealer is telling me tooooo baaaad. learn how to ride. i almost went down there and f ****d him up for that one, as I also own 04 summitt without that track and its a 151 and it is never stuck or trenched in 8 feet deep like my X159
man im pissed

Last edited by a moderator:

Born2Ride

Reaction score
Of course the dealer is going to say that - meaning he is too lazy to even try and do it for you. Ask him to flatter you, bet him a case of beer, and ask him just take a picture along with description of bad track and forward to BRP asking for warrentee. Good things will come of it. If dealer wil not even try, then go get big hammer.

Top Bottom