2006 summit 800

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
my engine light is blinkng on my sled, is there a way i can bring up the code through the beeper or do i have to bring it in to know for sure, doesnt seem to effect performance of the sled but it worrys me, is this something i shouldnt worry to much about?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is too. These DPM Powertek's seem to be acting up.

Likely just a sensor, wiring, or corrosion. However, look everything over VERY well. I went through mine with a fine tooth come and came up empty handed so I just ride it.

The only way to show a code is take it to the dealer. I've heard it sometimes remembers a code and needs a reset so it will continue to blink even though you corrected the problem, or the fluke fault is now operating fine.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
hmm, i just had the engine out and went over everything couldnt find anything , it was blinking before the engine was out so i thought maybe something might of come unplugged but nope everything seems fine

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure all plugs are good though. No corrosion.

Then look for wires that may have rubbed the frame, etc.

For some reason I got an engine over winter. No idea. I could only place it on two things:

1) Corrosion (water sitting over winter)
2) Last time I rode my high heat light came on going down the trail because I was helping a buddy with a broken sled. Once I noticed the light I burned down the last few Km's and the light went off, but I wasn't sure if the engine light was on. Maybe the computer needs a reset. I donno. Dealership wanted money for it. Rather not =)

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
seized, broke loose, started first pull, rode 500 yards seized again, broke loose, ring squeking against wall, pulling head off after dinner

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i didnt take the line off the oil pump so there was still oil in the line, was told i shouldnt need to bleed it then, abnd engine ran good yesterday, idled for 20 mins, then road it home, and it was running normal, was pulling 8000 rpm down the feild by my house,, then today wasnt even going over 6500 when it went

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How old was the gas? Possibility of bad gas?

An engine light only measures basic parameters. Nothing mechanical OTHER then knock sensor. Besides that it's just throttle position (ok, that could be another issue but I think you would have noticed the engine running funky), and air pressure sensor and from that it controls jetting by adjusting vaccum (if it fails it runs stock which would run rich), and rav vavles, which if they don't open, whoopti do.

Check your gas.

ALSO:: **** Letting a 2-stroke sled idle is BAAAAAAAD. Let it warm up, but after that you will cook your engine. There is no fan, and no cooling when it's not moving. Letting it idle for 20 minutes will damage it no doubt. The sled is set up to shut off after 4 minutes if engine temp above 80.

As an additional note I found why my engine light is on just now (like 5 minutes ago). While rebuilding my carbs, cleaning my rav vavles, and doing a pressure check I also managed to clean my CPU connection. While, once clean and looking closely a pin was broken off. Hence the engine light.

Now time to fix or find a new CPU ($$$$$$).

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the gas was poured into the tank at the end of decmber just before it went into the shop

now, what is a good top end kit for the 800 ho? i was looking at rkt drop in kit, ivce herd good things about it, but thats a bit pricey for a student lol, any one know of any other good ones

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the gas was poured into the tank at the end of decmber just before it went into the shop

now, what is a good top end kit for the 800 ho? i was looking at rkt drop in kit, ivce herd good things about it, but thats a bit pricey for a student lol, any one know of any other good ones

Even fresh gas can be bad gas.

Only thing i'm saying with the control system is it controls a/f mixture (defaults in a rich state), and retardation from knocking. If those two issues caused your problem, then that may be the cause. Otherwise I'd look at other things, or the small chance of a fluke.

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terra Alps drop in kit, it has dual ring pistons. Did mine at the start of the season it has 700km on it now, a buddy did the same only got a couple rides on it but both are great so far!!

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New head not needed my buddy just droped in the new pistons and rings. $440.00 for the pistons and rings, 50ish for bearings and a top end gasket kit 50ish.

Phone Ted he may shave a bit off that. His #778 478 9955.

Check out his web site terraalpsracing.com

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well pulled jugs off engine, pto side piston and jug are Fugged, any one got a used but good jug for sale?

Top Bottom