2006 summit 800, not reving out

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled will not rev past 7500, even not that sometimes. I had no problems until last spring after i stuck in a new short block. We changed nothing as far as carbs ect. I did however replace the primary with a tra7. My tra 3 blew to pieces last year and this 7 was a good deal. we put the spring and ramps from my tra 3 in the tra 7. I had 19.5 g of pin weight in at first and it was stuttering and would not rev past 7100.

we decided to run it and took it to valemount on may long weekend last year. it stuttered for the ride up and intermittently the rest of the trip. Some times it would clear up and reach 8100.

Now on the first rips around home this year it won't clear up. I took 2g of pin weight out, putting me at 16.5, has not made a difference so far.

I was thinking maybe DPM, but see no reason for that not to work as it was fine before it went in the shop.

RAVE valves seem to operating fine, took them out and cleaned them.

What do you figure? take more weight out? the tra 7 was supposed to be a lighter clutch i'm told. but otherwise the same as a tra3 with a few exceptions. is that what is causing my issue?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it runs sometimes proper not clutch I don't think. Check for kinked or pinched fuel lines maybe or loose wires pinched wires etc or pinched lines to Dpm or loose plugs in wiring

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is probably a good place to start I guess, I've been checking all the big things, sometimes you miss the most simple things.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also check make sure your carbs are opening all the way still. Has to be something you changed/adjusted while installing the short block.
Good luck

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your reeds make sure they are not damaged or cracked.

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i will tell you to check your belt, or check the ride hight of the belt in the secondary. only reason im telling you this is it happened to me last year. rebuilt topend for good messure. installed new drive belt. went to break it in and had the clickers in number one for a ride or two making sure i couldnt have to much fun... anyways once back to my normal clicker postion the sled would not rev out

oh and i also installed a stock head on the engine since the slp domes were worn, i thought this may be the reason ? ordered a new head to see and nope didnt change a thing. pulled the primary apart. bought all new bushings spring.... still nothing... got very fusturated one day and decided i would put the old belt that was my "get me home belt"

WOW 8200 RPMS right away.

i had even called the dealer about this belt they told me it was a new belt from 2011-2012 and that yes it would work on my sled. to me it looks like it was sitting perfect in the clutches. same length everything... but im thinking the tapper of the belt maybe different?

also... i have herd the carlise belts (dont know the spelling) can loose you a few hundered rpms..
my 07 looses 200 rpms when i dont run the ski-doo belt.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will defininitly check this out. i had a few belts lying around and i'm not sure which one i put back on.. i'm running the 377 ski doo belt right now, might try one of my 383s a minute.

Top Bottom