2006 rev problem

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was riding in goose tower and i turned off my sled to have a brake, i went to start it again and it fired once then died. i pulled it over a lot after that and it was dead no anything eg. light spark nothing. anyone have any tips to what it might be.

crashnburn

Reaction score
It could be your stator. The happened to a friend of mine we rode for a couple of hours, he did a long climb to the top of the hill turned around and shut off his sled ( 2001 mxz ) took some pictures, jumped back on and went to start it and same thing no spark no light nothing. His stator was nfg.

Paininthe#$%

Reaction score
It could just be fouled plugs! Sometimes the engine will run fine and the next time you shut it off it will not restart until you change the plugs. It has happened to me on a few occasions. If the plugs are fouled you will not get a spark etc...

crashnburn

Reaction score
It could just be fouled plugs! Sometimes the engine will run fine and the next time you shut it off it will not restart until you change the plugs. It has happened to me on a few occasions. If the plugs are fouled you will not get a spark etc...

And it is alot easier to check the plugs!!!!!

.08rider

Reaction score
Check relay on right side cross member beside the headlight (under the right "A" frame Member, three wires going into it) change with another rev and see. when the relay goes no power to anything. very common on revs. I always carry a spare with me after almost getting stranded.

.08rider

Reaction score
go to any skidoo dealer and they will know what relay it is. about 15 bucks.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He had bolts in the recoil come loose an fall out in to the stator area. sled fired right up when he pulled the bolts out and put the recoil back on properly. he's testing this weekend at his lake lot to see if the stator will hold up. My brothers 02 summit had the retainer clip come off the recoil and wedge itself by the stator, sled worked fine for the rest of the season untill we were warming it up in his yard in the spring to load and go to the mountains. It was like someone hit the kill switch. Stator was poooched.

Top Bottom