2006 rev 800 jetting

chevy

Reaction score
Hey guys i got a 2006 rev 800. Im doing a bikeman Y pipe also a bikeman pipe and mbrp can and boysen rage cages. Should i change the jetting or just leave it stock?

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Defenatly why not! if it was mine run a pyro in elevation you normally ride at and adjust accordingly, get the most out of it, if your going to leave the jets stock why change pipe and can?

chevy

Reaction score
I was planning on changing the jets but had a couple people tell me to leave the stock ones in there. Should i also change the clip postion on the needels?

Braaap.

Reaction score
Defenatly why not! if it was mine run a pyro in elevation you normally ride at and adjust accordingly, get the most out of it, if your going to leave the jets stock why change pipe and can?

Totally agree. Pyro and adjust for your elevation. Usually good with stock pilots/needle position. But usually can go up on the mains. Watch your temps with pyro and you can pretty well nail it it

nielsy

Reaction score
on those to run optimal with a can only I don't know about the other stuff but an 06 with a can we used to put in 420's and leave the rest alone

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chances are your stock jets are rich already, so with what you've added. You will be ok, just run it and read your plugs. you have a DPM for elevation???. I dont think you need to waste $$ on a pyro unless you want to squezze every last drop out of her. Buy some jets,plugs. Run it for the day, that night swap jets if needed. Or swap jets on the hill if ya want but I say ride it while ya can. Baby steps. Clips/ needles should be good. I have the same mods plus a port job, I think I only went up 1 maybe 2 jets sizes, but its been awhile so I could be off.

nielsy

Reaction score
I got an 05 with dynoport exhaust and mbrp can v force 3 and slp air intake and airbox in and out from 07 r and a slp head with 13.5 domes and timing advanced 2 degrees and running stock jetting just turned fuel screws out an extra half turn

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
the HO's were rich from the factory, so you will probably be bang on! I ran a full CPI exhaust, Vforce reeds with porting and stayed stock jetting. I only had to change once I started playing with a head and BB.

Last edited:

chevy

Reaction score
Alright thanks alot guys for the info.Ill do a couple plug reads and see what they look like.

Top Bottom