2006 Brute Force will not start

lander800

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a Brute Force 650 that will not start. I t was running and shut it off and left it for a couple of days and now it just will not start. It turns over, has spark. Checked the carbs and cleaned them and still it will not start, does any one have any ideas or what to check. Thanks Very Much:rant:

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how is the fuel pressure are you getting fuel in the carb, if not check the fuel line for a kink

lander800

Reaction score
Thanks pipes, this is catmando's quad, trade my 04 skidoo for it. I will have to dig around a little and see if I can find out what is wrong with it, but keep the suggestions coming a little help is always good.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im sure there will be a few guys with some good ideas for you on here,I asked around and got some good suggestions but the buggers wouldnt bring beer and show me how its done LOL!Unloaded the rev and thinkin there may be a clutch kit in that thing as I almost ended up on my azz in the alley LMAO!
Good Luck with the Quad Geoff!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
another word for Kawasaki is kindasucki

Do tell what you ride my friend...........or do you even own a quad ,sled.10 speed mayby LMAO!
catmando!
Its way easier to be nice on here you know! That way you dont got green guys chasing you around!

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my 2007 750 I had a simaler issue I checked everything quad would turn over but would not fire, after lots of looking around I took the fuse box apart and seen it was all corroded, so I just hooked all the wires up with out the fuses just to see what would happen and she fired right up. Also you might wanna try a diffrent CDI if you have a dyna tech or what ever some times they go bad. lol oh yeah did you check to see if the kill switch was off

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
on my 2007 750 I had a simaler issue I checked everything quad would turn over but would not fire, after lots of looking around I took the fuse box apart and seen it was all corroded, so I just hooked all the wires up with out the fuses just to see what would happen and she fired right up. Also you might wanna try a diffrent CDI if you have a dyna tech or what ever some times they go bad. lol oh yeah did you check to see if the kill switch was off

If I forgot that someone just got a great deal LOL!
catmando!

lander800

Reaction score
If that is all it is being the kill switch I will be laughing. If it is just that I will just tell you(catmando) that is was very difficult and I had to rebuild the whole engine because the pistons were fried or something like that. I do not want to make you feel bad.

Bugz

Reaction score
My Buddy's 750 had the same problem. We went on to a Kawasaki Forums website and found the solution. There is a way to reset the system by unplugging something in the fuse box.
Can't remember the site right now:realmad:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well may have an issue or two with the rev asd well,will keep ya posted!
catmando!

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No start after sitting for a few mins/hours/days, has spark, carbs are clean, no compression and it's a 650 kawi engine. All the info that needed is in that last sentence. There are no less than three conveluted threads on this site for the same problem plus Catmando's from a few weeks ago.

It is a common problem for all the Kawi V-Twins, but the 650 seems to be the worst. Probably every Kawi site/forum in cyber land has this problem well documented and stickied with good, well thought out info and the solution.

BTW, nothing suggested above is even close to the answer.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddies 08 750 was doing this and it was the roll over sensor that was screwed up and reading that it was flipped over, not sure if its the case here but worth a shot mayb.

lander800

Reaction score
Problem hopeful solved. Did a compression test and it was way low. Rip down the engine and the rings were toast and had to replace them, everything else is good just waiting for parts and it will be back together. Thanks for all of the suggestions, that is what is so good about this site. Thanks Everyone

Top Bottom