2006 600 RMK Gauges Not Working!

2005rmk900

Reaction score
Hi there guys, I have a 2006 600 RMK and the gauges quit working. We replaced the regulator, and it worked for about 30 miles give or take, then it went out again, and then for the next few time you would first fire the sled up they would work for a short time (5-10 minutes max) and now they don't work AT ALL, the headlight still works perfect, so that should rule out regulator correct? maybe not... This is becoming very frustrating and I'm even scared to ride the sled because with no gauges that means I have NO oil light, NO temp light, and NO gas gauge, any and all help appreciated!

BC_Logger

Reaction score
Hi there guys, I have a 2006 600 RMK and the gauges quit working. We replaced the regulator, and it worked for about 30 miles give or take, then it went out again, and then for the next few time you would first fire the sled up they would work for a short time (5-10 minutes max) and now they don't work AT ALL, the headlight still works perfect, so that should rule out regulator correct? maybe not... This is becoming very frustrating and I'm even scared to ride the sled because with no gauges that means I have NO oil light, NO temp light, and NO gas gauge, any and all help appreciated!

Id say the regulator is gone again or you've damaged the ecu when the first regulator went

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had the same issue with my 05 900 this weekend and found a small 4 wire harness down in behind the secondary had came loose and rubbed on the back side of the secondary damaging the wiring. i repaired the damage and taped it up and everything is working again.

this was a 4 wire harness with a red/black/puple and brown wire, possibly this connector is damaged or has been disconnected.

2005rmk900

Reaction score
No we still haven't figured out what is causing the trouble! We are almost resorting to changing the gauges themselves out, not sure what to try after that! any sujestions would be greatly appreciated!

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No we still haven't figured out what is causing the trouble! We are almost resorting to changing the gauges themselves out, not sure what to try after that! any sujestions would be greatly appreciated!

I just replaced my voltage regulator on my 06 rmk and it fixed all my guages and light issues. Did you replace your regulator with the updated part number? The updated regulator comes with a harness and regulator that gets mounted to your clutch cover.

2005rmk900

Reaction score
Yes we replaced the regulator and it seemed to worked for about 30 miles give or take, then stopped working yet again!

M1K

Reaction score
I know this is an old threat but my gauges also quit working on my 900. I found a green 12 pin cap laying in the bottom of my belly pan, turns out this cap plugs into a plug (has 6 red heavier gauge wires & 6 browns) located between the steering post & oil jug. All dash lights and instrumentaion work fine now.

Top Bottom