2005 Summit Overheating Issue

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would agree, that if it's not boiling over and not way hot

The temp sensor is sceued once and a while... air and or t stats just don't come and go

If it where me bunny, it's easy to put a manual temp gauge in as a back up after just so u know what it's running at

Had one in my rev, don't get the factory one tho, cause it reads off the sensor lol

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Tukernator and Tex my hubby is pretty adamant on replacing the sensor first and going from there. So there we will start I guess. There were a couple times when I wasn't on a hard pack trail but still early on in my riding that this occurred so hubby isn't totally convinced it's only a scratcher issue, but I will definitely make sure they are down all the time on hard pack now. Now I just need some snow to start testing all these theories out.

toyz

Reaction score
I had a similar issue on my 2004. The temp sensor was bad and I replaced it but it would still over heat on any trail type condition. What happened was the spring from the old tstat fell into the pump and took out part of the fins. It worked good enough to not give me a over heat code most of the time. I found this when I completely tore down the engine.

Top Bottom