2005 Summit 1000 wont start, pissing fuel out of exhaust.

TheronDanger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kamloops/Chetwynd, British Columbia, Canada
My sled wont start. Replaced battery, spark plugs and have newer injector relays fuses. After I turn it over 5 to 10 times the spark plugs are soaked (im not holding the throttle open) and fuel starts dripping out of my exhaust manifold. I took out spark plugs, shut off the kill button and dry fired it with throttle open to unflood it, fuel never stopped coming out of my exhaust or spraying out of spark plug holes. 20 min later its still dripping out of my exhaust. Any ideas? Fuel injectors?

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that it's soaked light a match to it. Your wallet will thank you for that. Lol.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull the plastic clip out of the plug that slips on to the fuel rail. Then see if there is fuel coming from the tanks high pressure fuel pump, which feeds that line. Should be able to dry it up if the fuel feed is disconnected. if you hit the rer button fuel should then flow out of that line.

maitchison

Reaction score
check the 30amp fuse i believe it is right by the battery. had a similar issue with mine once, wouldnt start and floaded the f*** out of it. the fuse was blown, replaced it and got it goin again

TheronDanger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kamloops/Chetwynd, British Columbia, Canada
To follow up, I brought it to the shop and it started second pull. 2 weeks later i put it in the shop to get a 1 inch weld on front heat exchanger (12 hours labor and a full sled tare down) while doing this they found my fuel injector wires were worn through. This may have been the problem.

CLARKII

Reaction score
06 1000 summit runs on PTO cylinder, mag inner injector stays open, all others fire properly. Checked wiring harness , injectors . Only thing I found was higher voltage at connector. This leads me to think ECM? Any wisdom out there? If I disconnect injector plugs they all hold pressure. If I connect the mag inner to injector and wake sled it pisses until pressure is gone.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the problem happen when your sled is cold or cooler?

Check your float assemblies. I had a similar issue on my 04. Checked my float assemblies and they seemed fine, put them back in, same problem. Put different floats in from another sled, no issue.

It seemed to only happen when my sled was cold for some bizzare reason, but whatever the case new floats solved the issue immediately.

They were $310 for new from bow cycle south.

Where would one find the float assembly on a fuel injected power tobbogan? Just saying...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where would one find the float assembly on a fuel injected power tobbogan? Just saying...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

haha whoops. Had no idea, thought his sled was similar to mine. I'm fighting a nasty head cold...gimmie a break, lol. Sorry bud ignore my post. Good luck!

Top Bottom