2005 rmk 800 engine oil leak

daniump

Reaction score
Hey Guys,anyone have any ideas,just purchased this sled last year to get back into sledding. It works awesome and has about 1200 miles on it. Noticed a puddle of ves gold under the belly pan on my floor. I know about the oil tank leaks,but this one has the front of the engine wet with oil around the y-pipe and the cross shaft...I believe that's what it's called. Any help info would be appreciated,thanks.

daniump

Reaction score
check your oil lines sounds like a crack in one of the lines on the bottom of the tank
Will do,but I didn't see any lines at the front(exhaust side) of the engine. Unless it's from the cross pipe/water pipe going from the back of the oil pump. Btw thanks for the reply.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it possible your getting unburnt oil leaking from your y pipe to where it seals to your pipe? Or ones of the lines off the oil pump has a hole and is running down across the coolant line that comes off the front of the block underneath the y pipe

daniump

Reaction score
Is it possible your getting unburnt oil leaking from your y pipe to where it seals to your pipe? Or ones of the lines off the oil pump has a hole and is running down across the coolant line that comes off the front of the block underneath the y pipe
Sounds about right,noticed oil from the y-pipe,will check the lines next. Right now waiting for new shocks from e-bay,guess I have lots of time to fix, since there's no snow! Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom