2005 900 rmk 166" need help

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man dont even start with me

ive been doing this along time

ive built and setup so many suspensions ITS CRAZY

but when a turbo nytro has 5g in suspension. it still can catwalk.

but you can still pull a crazy chutes and keep it flat all at the same time...

CONTROL

SKILL

ps. if you want lessons. not a problem. it can be arranged

otherwise take me seriously please

im not some jackass on here like some alright

How could someone not take the above seriously? Your like a GOD to us mere mortals.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahha wow big mouths, i had a 900 out climb me this year while i was on my welll set up rev 800
those things are mountain goats when theyare well set up, and not all have blown up i know of quite a few that havent blown up, i know one that blew up at 6500miles they are quite a nice machine if you know what your doing, its not for the city guy that doesnt know how to work on there sled, its for a tinker to get it set up nice a good, and also, what does catwalking better have anything to do with it, cat walk is just pain gay, you lose a crap load of traction and its un controlble, maybe if your a flat lander and dont have hills to climb, but when i see most peole cat walk, its off a hill, and if you cat walk off a hill, its kinda looks like you cant jump a sled, you can only have skis in the air

what do you mean well setup

its an efi sled is it not? theres not much you can mess with

stock suspension is limited.

whats your rev? 159x16? and you got outclimbed by a 166x15?

it cant be setup that well. sorry.

if the 900 worked. it would be around today

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How could someone not take the above seriously? Your like a GOD to us mere mortals.

i realize you have an issue with me for some reason.

i know from your posts on here that youve probly been doing it longer than i have

but it doesnt mean im clueless.

ive built alot of sleds on the hill today and working very well

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some good points, agree with some of it.

Just a little info........ Be sure you know who it is your offering lessons too......... before you offer them............... just saying.:beer:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i realize you have an issue with me for some reason.

i know from your posts on here that youve probly been doing it longer than i have

but it doesnt mean im clueless.

ive built alot of sleds on the hill today and working very well

I have no issues with you
I'am old thats all.
Never said you were
And I bet there good sleds.

All I'am disagreeing with is your simplified statement ...catwalking is fun...you just need to know how to control it.
In some climbs catwalking and control is a impossible combination.....so it's just best to leave the catwalking at the bottom.....But thats just me and I dont give or offer lessons.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agreee. but it depends what we are talking about here.

a full blown climber i agree 100% catwalking means you sled coming down the mountain in a million peices rather than over the top.

however. an all around mountain sled catwalking is half the fun. going over drifts and up ledges and whatnot.

every sled has its place so does every suspension setup.

point is if you want to go the highest a front end lifting sled isnt the way.

PS MR NEIL

it was a joke. obviously i know who im dealing with here. ive been around here long enough

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agreee. but it depends what we are talking about here.

a full blown climber i agree 100% catwalking means you sled coming down the mountain in a million peices rather than over the top.

however. an all around mountain sled catwalking is half the fun. going over drifts and up ledges and whatnot.

every sled has its place so does every suspension setup.

point is if you want to go the highest a front end lifting sled isnt the way.

PS MR NEIL

it was a joke. obviously i know who im dealing with here. ive been around here long enough

It's okay.......it's just a little dry humour...I apologize...I shouldn't even be in this section.
And Neil was just joking ya too......Neil knows me and can tell you truthfully I'am a groomed trail rider.
So game over.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride on..... just passing on some 411. Just didn't happen to be on the topic of this specific thread.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
what do you mean well setup

its an efi sled is it not? theres not much you can mess with

stock suspension is limited.

whats your rev? 159x16? and you got outclimbed by a 166x15?

it cant be setup that well. sorry.

if the 900 worked. it would be around today

revs arent efi :confused: dont know where you herd the were, maybe the sdis are
and its very well clutched and the suspension is still set up pretty good, even though its stock

Lanko

Reaction score
I'm sure this thread has really enlightened Skyler considering he was asking for help, it sure hasn't gotten off topic at all. Maxwell and Powerteker maybe you guys should stick to Dootalk, since neither of you have a clue about these machines other than to spout off about them. I will admit they do have some problems but I have yet to see a Rev or XP smoke multiple belts in one day, kill a motor because of bad rings, or snap a drive shaft. Skyler pm me if you need more info, I'm no expert but have owned one since new(2005) and have put a my fair share of time and money into one.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this thread has really enlightened Skyler considering he was asking for help, it sure hasn't gotten off topic at all. Maxwell and Powerteker maybe you guys should stick to Dootalk, since neither of you have a clue about these machines other than to spout off about them. I will admit they do have some problems but I have yet to see a Rev or XP smoke multiple belts in one day, kill a motor because of bad rings, or snap a drive shaft. Skyler pm me if you need more info, I'm no expert but have owned one since new(2005) and have put a my fair share of time and money into one.

lol

ok there.

it hasnt got off topic.

were talking about the polaris 900.

clearly you dont know anything about doo then? i havent had an xp blow a belt in 2 years.

either way were not talking about DOO

im going from experience

rebuilding 3 900s

which includes dragging out at least 4 900s.

and witnessing at least 5 more.

out of about 10 ive ever seen.

he asked our opinions

thats mine.

dont like it well thats why its an opinion
want to tell me i dont know what im tlaking about some more?

Lanko

Reaction score
Maxwell, so what you are telling me is that out of the 10 900s you have ever seen 9 of them were on the wrong end of a rope, I call BS. What I was getting at with the Doo comments is that no one machine or brand is perfect they all have issues, some maybe more than others. By the way I do know a bit about Doos cause half the guys I ride with own them, and trust me I have seen my fair share of failures and help fix them. I agree and I own one, the 900 is by no means a perfect sled but with a little money and time they are not the dog they are made out to be. By the way the guy who started the post was looking for help not opinions, he's already bought the sled, not thinking of buying it. Anyways, sweet pics from Dixon Glacier, just saw them, and I'm not being a sarcastic dick.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fair enough.

i read was it a smart buy? for the price i supose. as long as it lasts him then forsure its a solid machine. not doubting its power. never said it was a dog. just saying i havent met anyone thats had any luck with theirs. if yours works for you thats good. i hope it works for this guy. just stating what ive experienced. and wouldnt recommend heavily modifying the engine just due to its track record. but thats just me. to each his own.

doo is by far not perfect. but theres a few more of them out there than the other brands. seems like for every cat or poo theres 10 xps.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fair enough.

I read was it a smart buy? For the price i supose. As long as it lasts him then forsure its a solid machine. Not doubting its power. Never said it was a dog. Just saying i havent met anyone thats had any luck with theirs. If yours works for you thats good. I hope it works for this guy. Just stating what ive experienced. And wouldnt recommend heavily modifying the engine just due to its track record. But thats just me. To each his own.

Doo is by far not perfect. But theres a few more of them out there than the other brands. Seems like for every cat or poo theres 10 xps.

i know chit about sleds and all this technical talk......but what i do know is i'll heli or drag a poo out before i buy a sled from valcort queerbec. It's not like they are geniuses they used tax money to fund their r&d over and over.
Now i'am officially out

sleddude

Reaction score
I currently ride the same machine 2005 900 rmk with 6600km on it and have never had a problem. It has all the updates and has been a very reliable machine for me. All ther problems are coming from the ones that are Not stock.

Top Bottom