2005 900 rmk 166" need help

skyler

Reaction score
Hey guys i just bought a 2005 900 rmk 166" for $5250 and im wondering if this was a smart buy it only has 470 miles on it has all of the recalls already put in an slp can and the newer airbox which makes it 45 pounds lighter this all came with it was this a good buy?

My second question is i am looking to customise it a little i have heard that when it is customized with the right parts it can be one of the meanest sleds out there can ya help me out, thanks guys

Skyler

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would say the airbox and pipe will loose you 10#s maybe....45 not a chance

i havent seen a 900 NOT blow up yet. so hopefully yours already has and has been fixed.

other than that it sounds like its as mean as its going to get.

theres a few things...maybe a pipe to go with the can and a cylinder head.

but from what ive heard and seen you dont want to be pushing out any more HP than it coems with

just my 2 cents

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A complete pipe and can from slp will save you 20 pounds. And the slp air box saves 12. If you still have the stock pipe then you lost about 25-30 pounds. I would ditch the slp can and go with mbrp. It's a bit louder but it is alot lighter than slp. I would also get the slp pipe and reflash. It will run better and have abit more power. Also you might want to gear it down and put in some vents. this will make you belts last longer. These sled do viberate abit so check all the wires and hoses for rub marks. Another way to lose weight is to remove the front radiator and put on a set of scratchers. It will run cooler this way. Have fun.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a buddy of mine has the same sled as u. he has a full pipe and intake I raced him with my 07 summit 800 144 and destroyed him. polaris lack power I rode lots of them

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
a buddy of mine has the same sled as u. he has a full pipe and intake I raced him with my 07 summit 800 144 and destroyed him. polaris lack power I rode lots of them

900 166 is not a racing machine..... Shes a deep snow and a climber !

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A complete pipe and can from slp will save you 20 pounds. And the slp air box saves 12. If you still have the stock pipe then you lost about 25-30 pounds. I would ditch the slp can and go with mbrp. It's a bit louder but it is alot lighter than slp. I would also get the slp pipe and reflash. It will run better and have abit more power. Also you might want to gear it down and put in some vents. this will make you belts last longer. These sled do viberate abit so check all the wires and hoses for rub marks. Another way to lose weight is to remove the front radiator and put on a set of scratchers. It will run cooler this way. Have fun.

are you joking? what kind of airbox even weighs 12lbs to begin with

why mbrp...slp will make better power at elevation. or at least wont loose any

i will agree that ditching the radiator is a good savings tho.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my info from the slp web site. Have you seen the stock air box? It's possible that slp uses the air box with the rad delete in order to lose 12 pounds. Mbrp works just as good as slp performance wise. I've tried both and there is no diffence. The only difference is the mbrp is half the weight of the slp. Btw I have a new slp can for sale if some one is interested.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ski-doo climbs faster, catwalks higher, polaris sux like i said I've rode lots of polaris sleds and they suck:beer:

That's a very helpful post. A guy asks a few questions and you come on here bragging about how good your sled is. Get a life.
The 900 is a high maintenance machine. But if it is setup right it will be neck and neck with any stock 800 out there and for half the money. Skyler, you paid a fair price for a low miles machine. The 900 is the cheapest hp out there as long as you don't mind working on it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a very helpful post. A guy asks a few questions and you come on here bragging about how good your sled is. Get a life.
The 900 is a high maintenance machine. But if it is setup right it will be neck and neck with any stock 800 out there and for half the money. Skyler, you paid a fair price for a low miles machine. The 900 is the cheapest hp out there as long as you don't mind working on it.

am i crazy or has anyone else not noticed that ALL of these things blow up?

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ahha wow big mouths, i had a 900 out climb me this year while i was on my welll set up rev 800
those things are mountain goats when theyare well set up, and not all have blown up i know of quite a few that havent blown up, i know one that blew up at 6500miles they are quite a nice machine if you know what your doing, its not for the city guy that doesnt know how to work on there sled, its for a tinker to get it set up nice a good, and also, what does catwalking better have anything to do with it, cat walk is just pain gay, you lose a crap load of traction and its un controlble, maybe if your a flat lander and dont have hills to climb, but when i see most peole cat walk, its off a hill, and if you cat walk off a hill, its kinda looks like you cant jump a sled, you can only have skis in the air

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahha wow big mouths, i had a 900 out climb me this year while i was on my welll set up rev 800
those things are mountain goats when theyare well set up, and not all have blown up i know of quite a few that havent blown up, i know one that blew up at 6500miles they are quite a nice machine if you know what your doing, its not for the city guy that doesnt know how to work on there sled, its for a tinker to get it set up nice a good, and also, what does catwalking better have anything to do with it, cat walk is just pain gay, you lose a crap load of traction and its un controlble, maybe if your a flat lander and dont have hills to climb, but when i see most peole cat walk, its off a hill, and if you cat walk off a hill, its kinda looks like you cant jump a sled, you can only have skis in the air

Watch a clip on youtube of chris burandt(Im not saying Im half the sledder he is, but maby someday) if u think people who ride like that are gay than I guess thats what I am

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah. well slapping a 900 top end on a weak bottom end was the reason it lasted 2 seasons.

and catwalking is half the fun of sledding. you just have to know how to contorl it

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah. well slapping a 900 top end on a weak bottom end was the reason it lasted 2 seasons.

and catwalking is half the fun of sledding. you just have to know how to contorl it

FAWK ME TWICE....... I knew all the money we spend on climbing suspensions was a waste of money...we just need lessons from maxwell on how to control it....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FAWK ME TWICE....... I knew all the money we spend on climbing suspensions was a waste of money...we just need lessons from maxwell on how to control it....

man dont even start with me

ive been doing this along time

ive built and setup so many suspensions ITS CRAZY

but when a turbo nytro has 5g in suspension. it still can catwalk.

but you can still pull a crazy chutes and keep it flat all at the same time...

CONTROL

SKILL

ps. if you want lessons. not a problem. it can be arranged

otherwise take me seriously please

im not some jackass on here like some alright

Top Bottom