2004 yfz 450

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
High geared, no reverse. Good for the track, not so great on the trails. From what I have seen on Kijiji and such, the YFZ 450 doesn't hold it's value as well as a lot of the other sport quads. I don't think it would be worth much over $3000.

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the YFZ450 are great for performance out of the box....but in our group it seems the honda 450r and more reliability and once you start putting upgrades to the yfz it get more expensive. Also my one friends Yfz cant seen to keep 3rd gear in it, but it is quick as we have a 12.5-1 high comp piston and STG 2 hot cams with a port and polish aswell

you can find then pretty chaep i would go anywhere between 3000-4000 depending on the accessories.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the YFZ450 are great for performance out of the box....but in our group it seems the honda 450r and more reliability and once you start putting upgrades to the yfz it get more expensive. Also my one friends Yfz cant seen to keep 3rd gear in it, but it is quick as we have a 12.5-1 high comp piston and STG 2 hot cams with a port and polish aswell

you can find then pretty chaep i would go anywhere between 3000-4000 depending on the accessories.

some guy wants to trade me for my 2000 CR 125R

ghglenn

Reaction score
Without seeing either, that sounds like a good deal.
Ask the guy when the valves were adjusted last...if he looks at you funny, don't do the swap. They need to have their valves adjusted at least once a year, depending on how many hours they're ran. Stand it up in a wheelie and look for any cracks in frame, or bends in a-arms... Sit on it, rock it slightly left and right, feel for any slop in the rear axle carrier (bad bearings, or worse). Last thing to look at are the sprockets and rotors, if the teeth are really warn out, or the rotors are bent...I would walk away. Some of these things are big $$$ to fix, and if the quad hasn't been taken care of, are easy to spot. (If there are obvious issues on the outside, chances are the motor hasn't been loved either...).

Hope it works out, would be cool to have another sport quad rider to ride with!

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a pretty good machine
Hows it run
Might have to hook up for a ride sometime

it goes good. all it needs are some screws, a new rear bumper and maybey a batery. it came with a stock set of rims too. Ill take a vid soon.

ghglenn

Reaction score
Welcome to the club. If you have any tech questions about it, let me know. The guy I bought mine from gave me the Yamaha Shop Manual for 2004-2006 YFZs. Has anything you can ever want to know...I also have some parts you might be interested in. Just P.M. me. Also, you should go here for some good info about your quad

P.S. Let's go riding!

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey First of all i rode my limited build 2004 since July 2003. When I went in to get my valves ajusted they told me the were fine, Unless you never clean your air cleaner there no reason the valves should get loose. Change the oil often if you ride hard. The bike needs a set of Raptor bars as they are a better bend and about an inch taller, much easier to do a superman. As for the battery there junk, I've tried gel bateries with no luck also.Get a batery from a 400EX cut plastic plate behind stock batery and it slides in tight fit leave you lights on all the time . Never had a problem with bateries since. If you like more power then I suggest a Banshee, You can't beat the ride once you set your shocks right. Jumps awesome. Have fun and enjoy your quad.:):)

Top Bottom