2004 rev clutching and weights need help!!

Jmoney26

Reaction score
hey there. i have a 2004 rev 800 151. just got the motor redone and im looking to work on my clutches. right now i have the stock primary with quick clickers. im not sure what the weights are so thats what im trying to figure out what other ppl are doing. also which spring in the primary, as well as what some ppl are using for chaincase gearing. i am going to change my oil this week so i will have a look at my gears and get some numbers. i believe it has been geared down a bit already but not sure to what... my question is should i go back to stock secondary or stick with the team roller?stock gears or stay with what i have depending on numbers. i do lots of mountain riding at about 1000m up to 2300 at the highest point. im having troubles when i climb i loose suffuicent rpm. almost down to 7200 rmp sometimes even when snow is good and not lugging and heavy and i know it should be up at abot 78-8100rpm. any help would be great. feel free to text or message back. thanks
1-250-845-4106

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a 06 rev. do the dj clutch its the best set up for the rev IMO and look at your gearing, you only really need to change the top gear so make it a 20 or 19. i did 19 and it went like a bat out of hell. lots of bottom grunt but if your loosing top end go 20. leave the 45 on the bottom

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go back to stock... if you want dj's clutching i have one i can sell you

Jmoney26

Reaction score
ok maybe ill try the stock first. how much do u want for the dj clutch X-it? an any idea what stock weights are? even the color of the spring? im gonna have to take it apart and see whats all been changed first but if i know what stock should be then i know for when i take it apart.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i have all the stock springs you could try... djs kit comes with weights, fancy helix and his spring. For 50 dollars you can have it all.

Jmoney26

Reaction score
hey X-it. for 50 $ i take it all. umm i hadnt planned on coming to pg til the 26 of dec.. but i could make a trip out there to pick it up one day. or i could send a money order or something and u could put it on the bus? i dunno what you do for wrok but i work at the western star dealer here, and we do lots of shipping thru pg lite. so even if we set something up thru the driver there or whatever.. do u have a cell number i can contact u at? thanks.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After searching around a bit i think i have everything you need for both types clutching set ups. Pm me your email address, or leave me your cell #

Last edited:
Top Bottom