2004 800 rev No Spark

Spudnik

Reaction score
Ok here it goes. This has been kicking us in the ass for weeks. First off the sled had electric start on it. The ring gear came loose on the clutch just before the boulder cabin.(this is my buddy's sled. It is like New 500 miles. ) Pulled the clutch and removed the gear as the bolts were gone. Rode the rest of the day with no issues. Just had to pull start it. Next day we decided to remove the battery as we didnt think we would need it. ( ie NO Electric start. ) Got to the cabin and sled would not start. After wearing out the recoil it finally fired.Ran great until we shut it off again . Same issue. Rode the rest of the day . Got it back to trailer and thats it. Cannot get it to fire again. ( No Spark. ) Put the battery back in ... Nothing . Changed the relay above the clutch , as suggested and still nothing. checked kill switch , key seems to be OK . Could we have damaged the coil or the stator by removing the battery. I cant see it but i am at a loss. :( Any help would be appreciated. :mad:

kanders

Reaction score
I know this sounds like a dumb question but what did you do with the positive battery cable, no chance of it shorting out?

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was thinking the same thing? if you're removing the battery and elec start you should change the hearness under the console too.
Did you check the fuses? two yellow 20Amp above engine on clutch side.

Spudnik

Reaction score
Fuses are OK , when we removed the battery we did not do tape up the lead. didnt think of that. ( to excited about going riding .. lol ) We did not change the harness which i know know we should have. we have replaced that relay though. Do you think it shorted out on the positive battery cable and fried the coil maybe... Thanks for the help guys.

nielsy

Reaction score
first off without battery you need the other harness if not you are screwed already then you have to run it with the battery hooked up come and see me i have the harness and if not i have a clutch shaft with ringgear

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had run into a couple that would run with out the harness swapped. Very hard to start and you'll have no reverse. You checked the main fuse in holder by the battery (30 amp) as well as both 20 amp under the console. I was riding my sled yesterday in the toy run and some how the 30 amp fuse mounted by battery fell out. No electronics at all. Good thing I carry spares. No idea how it fell out? New fuse was tight to go in. Oh well it's taped now too. Lol

Top Bottom