2004 - 650 VTwin - Belt issue

Jenkie

Reaction score
My belt squeals constantly when in gear - low, high, or reverse unitl I get moving a little and bring the RPM's up. New belt does not help.

Anyone know if there is an adjustment required - this is a real pain having to put into nuetral each time I come to a stop.

help would be appreciated. Thank you

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My belt squeals constantly when in gear - low, high, or reverse unitl I get moving a little and bring the RPM's up. New belt does not help.

Anyone know if there is an adjustment required - this is a real pain having to put into nuetral each time I come to a stop.

help would be appreciated. Thank you

That squeel is how you can tell that the belt is adjusted properly, if no squeel then the belt is bordering on being too loose. You could pull the secondary and reshim to adjust the deflection but not a good idea on the VTwin's to have loose belts.

Crossfire7?

Reaction score
If The Belt Is Squeeling, You Need To Adjust Your Belt Deflection. Squeeling Is NOT A Way To Tell If Your Belt Is Adjusted Correctly. If Your Belt Is Squeeling It Means Your Belt Is A Little To Tight Do To It Sitting Up To High In The Secondary Or Your Clutches Are A Little Out Of Allinment. This Will Cause Premature Belt Wear & A LOSS IN PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If The Belt Is Squeeling, You Need To Adjust Your Belt Deflection. Squeeling Is NOT A Way To Tell If Your Belt Is Adjusted Correctly. If Your Belt Is Squeeling It Means Your Belt Is A Little To Tight Do To It Sitting Up To High In The Secondary Or Your Clutches Are A Little Out Of Allinment. This Will Cause Premature Belt Wear & A LOSS IN PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!

i have the '06 and i was wondering the same thing, the fact is that when the squeelin stopped it start to slip, so now i need a new belt

Top Bottom