2003 mint summit question

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My neighbour has a 2003 Summit that I'm thinking of buying. One thing I'd like to know is what its worth. He's an old guy and says it doesn't have 20 miles on it(?). I dont know what to believe about that but it must be low mileage at least. He's a good old fart and not trying to lie to me. We partially pulled back the cover and the seat, track, and wheels, looked in mint condition. It was semi-buried and I didn't want to dig it out because we were building a fence and just wanted to get it over with.
What should we do before we try to start the machine? Anything special or should we just try and start it? I know it hasn't ran in the four years I have lived next to him.
Any advice or estimate?
Thanks peeps.

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would pull the plugs, I use wd40 squirt some in the holes pull it over slowly at first make sure everything is rotating good! Put plugs back in, the carbs are going to be dirty will need to clean them, i would also clean the rave valves too. Would get that old gas out of the tank it's going to be pritty stale after 4 years. These are just some things I would do hope this helps! Good luck

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would say a value of $2000-$2800 is a good price range for that sled. sure guys are asking $3500 for there sleds but lets be honest there old school. all trailing arm suspension. although the engines are great not like the 800r's or like the polaris with the bearing issues. i would offer the guys $2500-$2800 depending how clean it is.

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i also just bought one of these machines yesterday for parts. engine is blown 151" but have the track sold so far.

Top Bottom