2002 Yammi 660

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here's the deal, i like to watch Kijiji and read the bargain finder on the can and while surfin' on Kijiji i found a 2002 yammi 660 for what i'm thinking is a decent price considering it has a blown engine. Did i mention i'm not looking for a quad as i already have one but i'm a sucker for a good deal. I'm a die hard Honda guy so i've never been inside the engine of a Yammi. How involved are they electronics wise? The motor is cooked in the quad and needs to be replaced. Here's the response i got from the seller:

I have a 660 Grizzly with a blown engine,new tires,
piped,skid plate,winch,plastic is all good,
I found out some more specific details on the quad.It blew because the crank bearing spun.It didn't blow a hole anywhere.Some of the parts needed are:bearing kit,piston,rings,sleeve,crank repair,top end valve job. The front bearings and brakes were recently done.No rips in seat.ITP super swamper tires next to new.ITP rims.Has clutch kit,piped,yamaha armour,after market bumper. There is approx 2500 km's.We have

Let me know what you guy's think. I haven't priced out parts but i'll bet i'd be around $1500 just by his description.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many km. on the quad? If it has low km., perhaps the crank and bearings are all that will need to be replaced. I had my engine open with 4000km. on it and the cylinder,piston, rings and valves all lookied like new.
Then again if you can get the whole quad for a fair price why not put the money into the engine and have a practicly new machine

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many km. on the quad? If it has low km., perhaps the crank and bearings are all that will need to be replaced. I had my engine open with 4000km. on it and the cylinder,piston, rings and valves all lookied like new.
Then again if you can get the whole quad for a fair price why not put the money into the engine and have a practicly new machine

He said it had 2500kms. I assumed the motor either burned down from to many swampings or leaned out with the pipe and he confirmed that the dealer suspected to many water insidents. Are these quads typically a strong unit, no real known problems.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't buy it, i will - IT WOULD BE ANOTHER GOOD FATHER/SON PROJECT....... Let me know! These are pretty bullet proof quads!!!

Geez Rick, with a comment like that you really got the wheels in my head turnin'. LOL. I will let you know. The guy still has it sitting at the dealership getting the once over.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
geez rick, with a comment like that you really got the wheels in my head turnin'. Lol. I will let you know. The guy still has it sitting at the dealership getting the once over.

yup, let me know..... Parts are expensive, so if you can do the work yourself, it will be worth it, otherwise pricey..........

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup, let me know..... Parts are expensive, so if you can do the work yourself, it will be worth it, otherwise pricey..........

I'm still waiting for him to get back to me. Went over to the neighbors last night who's had a couple grizzlys' an 05 and now an 09 and he loves them said they're rock solid.

I don't find the parts too bad, i've already found a complete "Hotrods" crank complete with bearings, just drop in for $295.00 USD. I would take the cylinder & head to Mott's, he does awesome work. I'm budgeting for $1500 in parts but i'm sure it will come in much less. My only concern in how bad the cases are as he did mention that he spun the bottem end bearing, depending how long he ran it it could have done a ton of damage to that race.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rick, it's all yours. i better sell some of my other stuff before i buy another project. If you haven't already found it on Kijiji, PM me and i can get more details.

Top Bottom