2002 wr426

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking at trade my honda rancher for a wr 426 back to bikes never rode one not sure what to look for when i go look at it are they reliable bikes good trail bikes or more for wide open places will be trail ride with my son (crf100) and wife (xr200r).
i have owned a crf450 and a xr 650 in the past as far as big bore bikes go is the 426 set up to handle like a crfx would or more race bike style, really not really sure much about these bikes any info would be great thanks

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now I'm not 100% sure on this but I am thinking that is one of the hard to start bikes. But then again as a WR it should have electric start. I think the chassis is decent for that year of bike and they are a cheap one to buy to get into it again. Buy cheap and when you sell it you won't lose any money or much money. I am thinking valves might be a PITA but can't say for sure. Get onto the yamaha boards and research as well.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now I'm not 100% sure on this but I am thinking that is one of the hard to start bikes. But then again as a WR it should have electric start. I think the chassis is decent for that year of bike and they are a cheap one to buy to get into it again. Buy cheap and when you sell it you won't lose any money or much money. I am thinking valves might be a PITA but can't say for sure. Get onto the yamaha boards and research as well.
Yes hard to start, but the fun throttle and torque were amazing on the 426.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well picked up today started easy all day first kick as long as u use the decompression lever. pulls like a tractor for sure

Top Bottom