2002 800 Edge Blowing Belts

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A have a friend with a 800 that has a Polaris primary clutch and Team Tied secondary and he's having a really hard time keeping belts on it. He's shimmed his secondary but continues to have trouble. Anyone have this problem with this setup. Looking for some insight. Thanks.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has he made sure the alignment is right and the clutches are running true with each other. If he has shimmed his secondary I take it that means the offset is good?

darkday

Reaction score
I would check the motor mounts, grab the primary and try to lift it up. Any movement usually means ripped motor mounts. MY gen 2 800 was hard on motor mounts until i put a slp torque arm in front of the motor.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How often is he losing belts? I run a TIED and i have been through a couple but they are old belts too. I have gotten ~400 miles a belt so far. I have all the torque arms and good mounts, offset was set using team tool.

Every time i blow one its usually at top speed wot, it takes out my speedo cable aswell.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
A have a friend with a 800 that has a Polaris primary clutch and Team Tied secondary and he's having a really hard time keeping belts on it. He's shimmed his secondary but continues to have trouble. Anyone have this problem with this setup. Looking for some insight. Thanks.

stock gearing? Maybe drop a tooth or 2 on top....should get the heat down

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, he's talked with SLP and got some direction. I also told him to become a member so I don't have to these questions lol

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is it hitting for RPM? It's more then likely over revving. Is it eating belts in elevation? How hot are the clutches getting? What weights are in it and what springs?

Assaulter13

Reaction score
"I have a friend" -- right.

So just tell us what the problem that you are having -- the "friend" has been done.

I "have a friend that has pustules on his gonads" He is just a friend and he has a girlfriend..........

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"I have a friend" -- right.

So just tell us what the problem that you are having -- the "friend" has been done.

I "have a friend that has pustules on his gonads" He is just a friend and he has a girlfriend..........

Soooo, what your saying is you have pustules on your gonads and you have a girlfriend...she probably would like you to get that looked at. Thanks for the input anyways though.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Engine mounts broken will do it for sure. I have 2002 rmk 800 and blew belts at WOT until I changed out broken motor mounts. No more issues. I use slp torque limiters also but this does not fix broken engine mounts.:eek:

Top Bottom