2001 summit suspension

Reaction score
i have a 2001 summit 800x and the rear suspension is starting to sag and i was wondering if anyone has replaced the shock with an aftermarket one , and what types there are out there . i went to the ski doo dealer in town and they want to sell me a whole new assembly

any thoughts ?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 2001 summit 800x and the rear suspension is starting to sag and i was wondering if anyone has replaced the shock with an aftermarket one , and what types there are out there . i went to the ski doo dealer in town and they want to sell me a whole new assembly

any thoughts ?
you do realize it is the springs weakening and not the shock that causes sag? huge price difference....you will be upset if you spend a few hundy (or more) on a shock and it still sags because you are running 10 year old sacked out springs.....

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a set from Local dealer that were a new take off from a 04 rev and there a little heavier than the old s-chassis ones and fit good, I think I paid $50 for both and now can have my adjuster set down 1 notch. Easy to change, set the plastic adjuster to softest setting, support the rear of the sled by the rear bumper so whole track is off the ground, remove the bolts on both sides and drop it down, slide them off and out of the guides on the rail, you can also get delron inserts that hold the coil up off the axle, I just used some PVC pipe. The purpose is to allow centering of spring to the shaft resulting in increased leverage and a more effecient use of spring's energy. Without spacers, the springs torque to one side of the shaft.

Attachments

• P2_2.jpg
    P2_2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 176
Top Bottom