2000 rmk 700 need stator.........

woodym7

Reaction score
at least thats what i think it needs as soon as it gets hot it starts to run like #^*& tried cdi box and no results so assuming its the stator.........let me know thanks guys.

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it run ok for a bit then starts to run like crap? My 02 when the stator went, it run ok cool but as it warmed up it truned to crap. Have you checked the carbs out just wipe that from the possablites list? If the stator is gone make sure to replace the voltage regulator. It could have caused it to burn out.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at least thats what i think it needs as soon as it gets hot it starts to run like #^*& tried cdi box and no results so assuming its the stator.........let me know thanks guys.

Elect, measurements

ignition coil
+/- 20%

blk to wht = 0.3 ohms

blk to secondary lead (plug wires) = open

plug lead to plug lead = 5K ohms + 10K ohms for caps

stator wires
+/- 20%

y - brn = 0.15 ohms

grn - blk/r = 15 ohms

grn - ground = open

grn - r = 15 ohms

w - w/r = 185 ohms

brn = ground

Last edited:

Russ75

Reaction score
I would like to know what happens. I got same sled and i completely lose spark when it gets hot. I checked the stator ohms and they seem ok but I gonna run it on the weekend and check the ohms again when it gets hot.

COsnowmaker

Reaction score
I seem to have the same problem with my 2000 rmk 700. Checked the carbs and doesn't seem to be the problem. Runs awesome for about 5-10 min before the low end starts bogging. Top end still runs fine after warmed up. Becoming a problem in deep snow and the trees. Running out of ideas here. Any way to check the stator and cdi?

Top Bottom