2000 RMK 550 Fan cooled won't pull full revs at WOT

Titan

Reaction score
Hi all...Been a long time
So last year my buddy cooked the Mag side piston due to a lean condition (common on these motors)
I did a complete rebuild of the top end, pistions, rings, bore out oversize, bearings gaskets etc etc. however now the thing won't reach full revs.
Seems to have normal power through most of the low and mid range but won't reach anyware near the top end it used to.

Starts and idles perfectly.
Compression is great and equal on both sides. (don't remember the exact number as I tested it last spring just before we put it away)

Appears to me it's either I hooked up the ACCS incorrectly or the carbs are out of sync/adjustment.
I don't suspect a clutch issue as the machine clutched fine just before the melt down.

So...A couple of questions.
Does anyone have a diagram or pictures on how the ACCS should be hooked up (vaccum lines to carb etc.)
Can the ACCS be removed without issue? How? What should I plug off?
What is the correct proceedure to adjust carbs and ensure they are synced correctly?

Thanks in advance.
We are ripping into this machine on Saturday and we really want to get it running as this guy is my primary riding buddy and inspite of record snowfall in southern alberta we are just getting our sleds out of summer storage. (I know...REALLY bad)

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Full rpm is 6800-6900. Mouse nest in the exhaust? I will post a pic. When I get home of the accs plumbing

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a y on the bottom that runs to each carb and they y again onto each carb. The other 2 run up to the handle bars and down I from of the tank.
Hope this helps

Titan

Reaction score
Yes this helps
Can you show the connections at the carb?

Titan

Reaction score
Full rpm is 6800-6900. Mouse nest in the exhaust? I will post a pic. When I get home of the accs plumbing

Best this thing does is 5000 rpm or less
Its really rich
Gotta be the accs, i must have connected it wrong
Tweaked my back so can't work on it today

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a hose routing diagram.
IMG.jpg

Titan

Reaction score
Pop..you sir are a Rock star...Thank you so much....I'll let you know how it turns out but this is exactly what I was looking for.

Top Bottom