2000 kodiak 4x4 400

doncampbell

Reaction score
was wondering if any one would have a resolution to my problem,
during deer season this past fall i had pushed the button to switch into 4wheel on the bike. could here the actuator and was good to go . today i went out to use it to move some snow in the driveway and when i moved forwards i heard a clunk sound from front end and only the rear is working the front diff wont engage its for sure disengaged as i was stuck in the driveway just spinning rear wheels. is there some one that could give me insight as to what to look for as i do have manual for the bike but do not know where to start i have worked on cars trucks bike before but not on this type situation. please and thank you for any help as the wife will prob get cranked lol now that i have to fix it .. :confused:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
was wondering if any one would have a resolution to my problem,
during deer season this past fall i had pushed the button to switch into 4wheel on the bike. could here the actuator and was good to go . today i went out to use it to move some snow in the driveway and when i moved forwards i heard a clunk sound from front end and only the rear is working the front diff wont engage its for sure disengaged as i was stuck in the driveway just spinning rear wheels. is there some one that could give me insight as to what to look for as i do have manual for the bike but do not know where to start i have worked on cars trucks bike before but not on this type situation. please and thank you for any help as the wife will prob get cranked lol now that i have to fix it .. :confused:

Its likely just froze ............. mine used to freeze all the time. Liked to sit in a warm garage. Thaw it out and then try it.

doncampbell

Reaction score
thank you for the reply i dont have a garage but it sets in a shed but no heat in there , but can try maybe a hair dryer to warm parts up and didnt know if there were any parts to put like wd40 on or if that would help any at all

Top Bottom