2000 GMC 2500 Cold Air Intake

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a flowmaster 3" cat back system on my truck and it made a HUGE difference, 99 6.0L Auto 2WD reg cab long box and I usually get 750 - 800 out of 120L of fuel hiway between 100 - 120kmh. Towing the trailer with the quad @ 100 - 110kmh I average 650 if there are lots of hills!!

I don't drive mine to hard and the best I have seen is around 450km(usually the fuel light comes on around 380-390km) out of the 95L tank. Gets almost the same empty as it does pulling my trailer and 4 quads. Stupid 4.10 gears!!

andystepper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 02 2500hd with the 6.0l. i can get anywhere from 300km to 500km per 95L tank. don't have any airbox mods or exhaust mods(except from the cracked manifold that makes it sound like a demo car when its cold). if they had like 3.93gears or something im sure it would bet better fuel milage. i hate the 4.10 gears(except for towing).

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As loud as possible. Need something to drown out the little ricers ;)

I roll up the windows and crank the radio to drown out the ricers....but I don't cruise with my truck AT ALL!! LOL

I don't drive mine to hard and the best I have seen is around 450km(usually the fuel light comes on around 380-390km) out of the 95L tank. Gets almost the same empty as it does pulling my trailer and 4 quads. Stupid 4.10 gears!!

Yeah I have the easier on fuel 3.73 still pulls very nice, and I use cruise every chance I get!! hahaha

I have 02 2500hd with the 6.0l. i can get anywhere from 300km to 500km per 95L tank. don't have any airbox mods or exhaust mods(except from the cracked manifold that makes it sound like a demo car when its cold). if they had like 3.93gears or something im sure it would bet better fuel milage. i hate the 4.10 gears(except for towing).

Yeha the only "mod" to the airbox I have is the "snorkel" type thing that was sticking out of the airbox that was about half the size of the whole it was in. Removed that, and now I can see the one edge of the filter and can fit my hand into the airbox from the inner fender, figure that opened it up enough for extra air...:d

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so snorkel the intake, straight pipe it with a good muffler, and chip it?

If you want loud these Vortecs are really snappy with a pair of glass packs....;) Had a customer with a 3" dual exhaust 4" glass packs, it set off car alarms....is that loud enough for ya?? hahahaha

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want loud these Vortecs are really snappy with a pair of glass packs....;) Had a customer with a 3" dual exhaust 4" glass packs, it set off car alarms....is that loud enough for ya?? hahahaha

yes i think that sounds just about right for me

Top Bottom