2 worn tires - 2 not?????

iamcanadian

Reaction score
I picked up my RV trailer the other day, when I got home I checked the tires and 2 on the passenger side were almost like new, while the 2 on the driver side were worn right thru to the belts. I haven't noticed it pulling strangely. Any ideas what would cause one side to wear while the other is perfectly fine?

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
It might be a suspension issue, loose u bolts, worn shakles causing miss alignment. Might also explain why it tracks funny behind your vehicle. I have one tire wearing on mine thinking it might be a bent spindle from factory. Proper air pressure is a must of course. Is the trailer heavy on that side by chance. Could be a combination of things.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Bias ply or radial???Hard to believe but some trailer mfg's still run bias tires:eek:My last trailer had them,they wore really stupid-threw them away and put radials on.:d

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I picked up my RV trailer the other day, when I got home I checked the tires and 2 on the passenger side were almost like new, while the 2 on the driver side were worn right thru to the belts. I haven't noticed it pulling strangely. Any ideas what would cause one side to wear while the other is perfectly fine?

Were they worn evenly to the belts or just on the edges? I am guessing it is an alignment issue

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you turn right harder then left. Could be that you need to take the performance chip out. I had this problem too but it was just the back tires on my truck, got new ones but did the same thing. Let the wife drive it, problem solved. Turned out it was my new steel toed boots, they were to heavy that's what I told the cop anyway. Find out on tuesday in court why I got tasered. looking for any donations I can get for new underwear as it seems that my a**hole won't pucker anymore.

Just sayin.

iamcanadian

Reaction score
Ya, it's really weird... it doesn't pull either way when pulling or braking, everything is tight, brakes aren't the issue. It could be the alignment, but the tires wear the same on both axles (on the same side). I'm starting to think it's unbalanced loading... the slide is on that side and I load it pretty heavy on that side as well. Tahnks for a ll your insight, I'm getting them replaced tomorrow, I'll let you know what the tire guy says.

Cheers

highlandrider

Reaction score
Had that happen to my fifth wheel RV trailer and it was the alignment. Both tires on one side were toast. It seemed to pull fine but it was one trip of 8000 km that wore out the tires on one side and both back tires of the truck.
I had Kal-tire do the alignment on the trailer and no problems since.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be alignment. If my 50Ft trailer hauler goes out of alignment I can burn a tire off in a 1000 miles. Doesn't take much at times, with our smooth roads our axles should last forever!!! Kingpin (the old Trailmobile) in Edmonton does all my work but I think that's a little far for you! :)

iamcanadian

Reaction score
Well... it was the bearings... makes sense... Thanks for all your help, now to fix the breaks and I'm ready to go... sheesh

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you turn right harder then left. Could be that you need to take the performance chip out. I had this problem too but it was just the back tires on my truck, got new ones but did the same thing. Let the wife drive it, problem solved. Turned out it was my new steel toed boots, they were to heavy that's what I told the cop anyway. Find out on tuesday in court why I got tasered. looking for any donations I can get for new underwear as it seems that my a**hole won't pucker anymore.

Thanks, now I have to wipe coffee of the monitor!:rollinglaugh:

iamcanadian

Reaction score
I called alot of shops in Calgary and no bookings until after May long... wow! I called Affordable RV, dropped it off yesterday afternoon and it was done today! He got me a wicked deal on parts as well. I think I know who my RV guy in Calgary is now! Great guys to deal with

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i called alot of shops in calgary and no bookings until after may long... Wow! I called affordable rv, dropped it off yesterday afternoon and it was done today! He got me a wicked deal on parts as well. I think i know who my rv guy in calgary is now! Great guys to deal with

can you post a pic of the tread of the worn out tires? I'd like to see the tread wear pattern, then i could suggest what the cause of the tire wear was.........

Top Bottom