2 stroke oils rated

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Spectro Syn Snow since I put in a new short block and have been extremely happy with it. When I pull the pistons and rings after this season I will be sure to take plenty of pics.

I can also help anyone in cowtown get Spectro oil if you want, just PM me and I'd be happy to help. :)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i run spectro syn snow since i put in a new short block and have been extremely happy with it. When i pull the pistons and rings after this season i will be sure to take plenty of pics.

I can also help anyone in cowtown get spectro oil if you want, just pm me and i'd be happy to help. :)

why pull the pistons and rings after only 1 season?? Jus' askin'??????

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Shell Synthetic oil is available at Canadian Tire normally for $50/4L jug. I'd say it's availability should be high. It's on sale this week until Nov 17th for $37.50. I picked up a few. If they run out, they'll give you a rain check too.

I ran Spectro last year, then switched to Shell Synthetic when I ran out.

thats 5litres now in the new jug I think??.... I have used it for years always buy a case when on sale at $37
you can also get it from shell bulk stations for $41 per jug I believe is what I paid thats going back 2 years

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Shell Synthetic oil is available at Canadian Tire normally for $50/4L jug. I'd say it's availability should be high. It's on sale this week until Nov 17th for $37.50. I picked up a few. If they run out, they'll give you a rain check too.

I ran Spectro last year, then switched to Shell Synthetic when I ran out.

Your wrong! thats a 5 litre jug!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought me some tonight!! 3 jugs. Good deal.
thats 5litres now in the new jug I think??.... I have used it for years always buy a case when on sale at $37
you can also get it from shell bulk stations for $41 per jug I believe is what I paid thats going back 2 years

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been using the Shell synthetic for years. Never have I 'had" to clean a powervalve, only becuase I wanted to. Engines have always been clean and looked great. It has a -40 pour point, burns fairly clean, smells not too bad and is a great deal every fall. Have tried Blue Marble and Ipone and still feel the Shell Syn is the best of the bunch.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

shheeet johny that doo is cheap on oil, no refillin 2 years, ya should check the pump.:D

Eignap56

Reaction score
Thanks for the chart... Gonna look into some Spectro.. Been using XPS. Time for change. Thanks again.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spectro 2 cycle oils on sale November 15 to December 30th While supplies last.

Platinum Syn-Sno Powervalve Formula. $39.99/Gallon
Spectro Golden Snow Injector. $32.99/Gallon
Spectro Snow Injector $24.99/Gallon

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Best: Spectro Platinum Syn-Sno Powervalve Formula.

This low-pour (-42F) PAO full synthetic lubricant keeps power valves and exhaust systems deposit-free. No brand burns cleaner; virtually smokeless. It can also be used as a racing pre-mix oil. Top performance in Rotax snowmobile engine tests. Meets all known manufacturers’ warranty requirements. Exceeds JASO FD, ISO L-EGD+ and API TC.
For use in (any year, no restrictions) – Two cycle Arctic Cat, Polaris, Yamaha, and Ski-Doo snowmobile Engines, including power valve and E-TEC Motors.

BETTER: Spectro Golden Snow Injector.
This semi-synthetic formula is engineered to enhance pumpability in all injector systems regardless of temperature. Golden Snow virtually eliminates spark plug fouling, keeps piston ring grooves deposit free, significantly reduces smoking, and protects your engine in off-season storage. May be mixed at manufacturers’ recommended ratio. Meets all known manufacturers’ warranty requirements.

Good: Spectro Snow Injector
Specially-blended for all two cycle snowmobile injector systems and designed to outperform baseline OEM oils, this petroleum based lubricant offers clean engine operation. Meets/exceeds all known manufacturers’ warranty requirements. Spectro Sno Injector minimizes spark plug fouling, significantly reduces smoking.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in Spectro in Calgary and area fire me a PM and we can chat from there. :beer: :D

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... doesn't say very good things about Polaris Blue does it? Looks like I should switch. I know a dealer in the Edmonton area that recommends Polaris Blue over the VES Gold. Now I'm not sure who to believe. Try to use the right oil and have been told by same dealer that when taking apart engines that ran the VES vs Blue oil, the engine with the VES looked less lubricated than the engine that ran Blue.

Top Bottom