2 guys missing in mcbride Lucile

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Missing two guys in Lucile anyone see a guy on a pro rmk with and orange jacket and a guy on an all black pro rmk with all black klim

Gear, guys were riding around cabin when they went missing around 1pm today. Both riders are expericened riders. Search and rescue has call off there search and rescue due to the conditions up top right now. Anyone in area that will help us look for our buddies would be appreciated. Or if anyone saw 2 guys on pros having trouble today. We will be out tommorrow morning first thing searching for our friends, with search and rescue.

Sent from my iPhone using

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tha't bad news.

I hope everything goes well tomorrow and you find the 2 guys.

My thoughts are with you.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck tomorrow guys, wish I was up there this weekend to help. Stay positive and be safe.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh crappy... hope they are found

Lucille is a small area forsure , which will help to find them

sent while I should be drinking tea's

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chopper will be looking at 8am tommorrow, it socked in really heavy this afternoon and it's there first Time in area. Hope everything's tommorrow.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow , good luck looking for them. Hope they are found safe and sound!

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they were last seen at cabin area good chance they went west down towards the dore river. There has been a trend of guys going down that way and cant get back up. Hopefully during the night they walked back up to the cabin. That whole area west of the cabin descends. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Mansion on Main. 1100 square foot full kitchen, 5 bed accommodation on main street McBride. Private hot tub and 50 x 60 ' lockable compound to park in. 250 569 7406. Www.mansiononmain.ca

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they made it to the cabin or some kind of shelter and are ok. Keep us posted please. Thoughts and Prayers.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
up and at it this morning. SAR headed up on the ground this am. hoping the copper is able to pick us up at 8:00. anyone that is helping on the ground, be aware of the copper. if it look like wear putting dow in your area please give us lots of room.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they were last seen at cabin area good chance they went west down towards the dore river. There has been a trend of guys going down that way and cant get back up. Hopefully during the night they walked back up to the cabin. That whole area west of the cabin descends. Good luck. Keep us posted.

That was my exact thoughts. I have been messed up down there before and it's not fun trying to get back out. Good luck with the search and I hope they are found in good shape. Maybe just a bruised ego.

Last edited by a moderator:

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com

That was my exact thoughts. I have been messed up down there before and it's not fun trying to get back out. Good luck with the search and I hope they are found in good shape. Maybe just a bruised ego.

Thats pretty well what our search and rescue guys think too. Too dangerous last night with the wind and almost zero visability to even think of going down there. Our SAR boys left early this morning to check once again before they meet up with the chopper. Hopefully our missing guys hunkered down safely for the night. The search and rescue members here are second to none and know the sledding areas like the back of their hands

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope they stayed together and have survival tools in there packs. First aid kit, means of lighting a fire(flint, matches, lighter) flashlight, fold out saw, food/water. With those necessities an overnight stay in the trees can be done. This is what i have in my pack. McBride SAR is second to none. They will be found.

Mansion on Main. 1100 square foot full kitchen, 5 bed accommodation on main street McBride. Private hot tub and 50 x 60 ' lockable compound to park in. 250 569 7406. Www.mansiononmain.ca

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok one thing, did they have radios

I keep spares for my buddy's that don't have them for this very reason

sent while I should be drinking tea's

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
have heard thru the grapevine, they got a text message out at about 3am and the chopper is enroute to pick them up.

Top Bottom