2" 136 X 15 Camoplast Track

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Can I get away with putting a 2" track on a 97 arctic cat 550 or is that too much....will I power out? will I have to raise suspension?

any thoughts??????

Thanks

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
No feedback?????? oh well hope it works cause I bought it.

mofo69

Reaction score
when i put a 2" track in my 93 700 wildcat i had to put 8 tooth drivers for track to clear the tunnel in the front. i bought a shaft and new bearings as well. you will need a big press to put on new drivers.

WhIpLaSh

Reaction score
No feedback?????? oh well hope it works cause I bought it.

i had a 92 ext550 with a 2inch 9 years ago, and it was AWESOME. i had to regear my chaincase, cant remember what drivers i used, but wow it sure made a hella difference. ppl couldnt believe how good that thing went nor could i.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The brother in-law says we'll try it as is but he had mentioned the we may need to gear it down which he has done to his machines...I should have all my parts in by friday and have it up and running with the new track & springs by friday night...thanks for the input I'll let yall know how she goes..

Cheers:beer:

Bogger

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
make sure that the pitch on the drivers are the same as the track..
If not you are going to have to change the drivers.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Well I figured I'd update the thread....the 2" would not work without a drop and roll, even dropping to 8" drivers it still wouldent clear the rad...so Echo cycle in edmonton swapped me my 2" for a take-off 1 1/4 finger track.
Spent saturday re-assembling the sled, 12 hours and 12 beer...could have been done a LOT quicker but the brother-inlaw figures I'll never learn it if he does it for me so it was a 2 steps forward 1 step back kind of day.
In the end by the time we ran out of propane for the heater she was ready to go.
Sunday I took it out for it's first run (I've owned it for 3 seasons and put 20km on it up until yesterday). First 500m was a bitch as I hit the ditch across from the house I crested the hill and broke through the crust rolling the sled...bye bye windshield, looks meaner without anyhow...after that she was all good put 60km on it ditch banging in the hwy 16 wabamun area.
Chain slips a bit under full tourque and is maxed on the tensioner so she's getting a new chain this week but otherwise it was an awesome ride, wasn't even as cold as they were predicting.

Cheers all,:beer:

Bogger

Top Bottom