1st ride 2008 in Elkford....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
20" up top and another good dump Sunday night. Lots of hazzards and it is very early season but it is coming.....:xmas-smiley-018:

Attachments

• 1st ride 2008-2i.jpg
    1st ride 2008-2i.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 1st ride 2008-6i.jpg
    1st ride 2008-6i.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 1st ride 2008-8.jpg
    1st ride 2008-8.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 86

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Looks good.. snowed here 2day off n on.. could use a lot more..

hey Curtis/Verlee....this is Doug, the secretary of the FSA....not much more than 12" at the Wrangler's cabin, some deeper wind blown stuff but pretty skinny. Snowed in Fernie last night but I don't know how much. Catch you later...:xmas-smiley-018:

M

mattmedic

hey Curtis/Verlee....this is Doug, the secretary of the FSA....not much more than 12" at the Wrangler's cabin, some deeper wind blown stuff but pretty skinny. Snowed in Fernie last night but I don't know how much. Catch you later...:xmas-smiley-018:
Hey fernie, where were those pics taken, ??? the trail up to koko claims????

M

mattmedic

they were taken in the meadow near the Honky Camp sign, if you know where that is....:xmas-smiley-018:
thats just back of mear lake, at the top of the hill, the honky sign is on the right as you come up to the meadow , correct

PolarisRMK700PIPED

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
that is correct (maybe before Mear Lake would have been better)....:xmas-smiley-018:

Do you think it would be good to go up there this weekend?Im from fernie but theres not enough snow yet! i was just wondering cause it snowed quite a bit here the last 2 days probably could go for a little ride here but you guys seem to have more snow!Do you think you could go off the trail a little bit now that it snowed again?and its saposed to snow 5inches on friday and saturday its saposed to snow 5 inches!:theCabin: thanks

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Do you think it would be good to go up there this weekend?Im from fernie but theres not enough snow yet! i was just wondering cause it snowed quite a bit here the last 2 days probably could go for a little ride here but you guys seem to have more snow!Do you think you could go off the trail a little bit now that it snowed again?and its saposed to snow 5inches on friday and saturday its saposed to snow 5 inches!:theCabin: thanks

It took us a total of 2 1/2 hours to unload, ride, and load; played safe, ate a hot lunch, and took some pictures. Spent 1/2 hour going down to the Bull and back!

No there isn't enough snow to go safely off the trail....we go up there 3-5 times a week so we pretty much know where to go in minimal conditions....even the trail was scary with the big nuggets in the gorge (not to be confused with The Gorge) and on the hill up from the Smith junction.

If you go, be careful and watch out for even the smallest hump in the snow....:xmas-smiley-018:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hey guys any updates from Elkford? Heading up there on Friday!Thanks.

Not much has changed! The mountains are still about 8000', the river valley is 4300'....just kidding....:dunno:

There is virtually no new snow in the Elk Valley at Elkford nor in the Bull River Valley on the other side; 6-8" in the valley and a baseless 24" up at Koko. Fernie got 2 cm from the "heavy snow warning" last night and we got a skiff. Supposed to snow some more today.

I haven't heard about Crown and in behind Line Creek but my guess is that there isn't much fresh stuff. Just sitting here waiting....Santa will probably come first this year.....Merry Xmas:xmas2004_15:

PS there is more snow in the ditches in Calgary than there is here and the berms on McGrath Drive in Lethbridge are bigger than on highway #43. Go figure....

Last edited:

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Not much has changed! The mountains are still about 8000', the river valley is 4300'....just kidding....:dunno:

There is virtually no new snow in the Elk Valley at Elkford nor in the Bull River Valley on the other side; 6-8" in the valley and a baseless 24" up at Koko. Fernie got 2 cm from the "heavy snow warning" last night and we got a skiff. Supposed to snow some more today.

I haven't heard about Crown and in behind Line Creek but my guess is that there isn't much fresh stuff. Just sitting here waiting....Santa will probably come first this year.....Merry Xmas:xmas2004_15:

PS there is more snow in the ditches in Calgary than there is here and the berms on McGrath Drive in Lethbridge are bigger than on highway #43. Go figure....

LOL That sucks when there is more in the ditches in calgary. Are you judging that buy my dumb video on snowwest or were u in calgary?

:beer:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
LOL That sucks when there is more in the ditches in calgary. Are you judging that buy my dumb video on snowwest or were u in calgary?

:beer:

Yes, I was in Calgary and also Lethbridge. The berms on highway #43 are non-existent.

Maybe, just maybe, we might get something over Xmas. I'm darn tired of doing this snow dance since the end of Oct with no results.....Merry Xmas everyone

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Elkford from the 27th to the 29th! First day broke trail into the third bowl ant Smith's,took us over 2hrs to get up there but it was worth it!We found between 3-4 feet of bottomless pow!Second day we got to MEAR LAKE but couldn't get into Koko not enough snow!The third day we were gonna go into the Gorge but after we heard the horrible news we kind of got turned off about that I idea so we met up with a great bunch of guys out of Lethbridge and rode out to the Lookout with them!We were also able to find some really good pow.Over all it was really good 3 days of rideing!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Rode Elkford from the 27th to the 29th! First day broke trail into the third bowl ant Smith's,took us over 2hrs to get up there but it was worth it!We found between 3-4 feet of bottomless pow!Second day we got to MEAR LAKE but couldn't get into Koko not enough snow!The third day we were gonna go into the Gorge but after we heard the horrible news we kind of got turned off about that I idea so we met up with a great bunch of guys out of Lethbridge and rode out to the Lookout with them!We were also able to find some really good pow.Over all it was really good 3 days of rideing!

This is rather interesting.....the trail into Smith Basin was snowshoed prior to Xmas to the first slide and then ridden to allow it to set up....no way it would take 2 hrs to get into the back.

To get to Mear Lake, one has to go to Koko first; there is just a little confusion with this post.

Riding in Elkford is a little behind and alot behind that of Fernie. We have been scratching for snow. Still marginal to run the groomer up to Koko as there is not enough snow on the rocks on the way up.

So take it from there. Good luck and ride safe.

PolarisRMK700PIPED

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Hahahahahahahhahah 2 cms ? are you kidding fernie has 3 and a half feet of snow in town and its still pounding down i went to cranbrook to ride and it was awesome there was about 6feet where i went. it was awesome hit no stumps or rocks and we could go off the trail whenever

PolarisRMK700PIPED

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This is rather interesting.....the trail into Smith Basin was snowshoed prior to Xmas to the first slide and then ridden to allow it to set up....no way it would take 2 hrs to get into the back.

To get to Mear Lake, one has to go to Koko first; there is just a little confusion with this post.

Riding in Elkford is a little behind and alot behind that of Fernie. We have been scratching for snow. Still marginal to run the groomer up to Koko as there is not enough snow on the rocks on the way up.

So take it from there. Good luck and ride safe.

Sleddin's great right now in cranbrook! itss awesome!

Top Bottom