1998 Summit670X psi pipes

luvdiggin

Reaction score
I found a set of psi pipes from a non-X summit first off will they fit my X and next what other mods am i looking at other than jetting? will i need to re spring my clutch? i am eliminating my dpm because it just crapped out. any help would be great!

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a set of psi pipes from a non-X summit first off will they fit my X and next what other mods am i looking at other than jetting? will i need to re spring my clutch? i am eliminating my dpm because it just crapped out. any help would be great!

They should fit and you should not have to do much else. You will be able to bring your RPM up from 7800 to around 8200. Some clutch adjustments might be required but springs should be fine

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I don't think regular 670 pipes will fit a 670x....... Just sayin'

if you need a set of pipes, one of my techs is parting out his 670x summit and has a set of 670x cpi pipes he might be selling, if they don't go with his engine..... Pm me if interested....

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think regular 670 pipes will fit a 670x....... Just sayin'

if you need a set of pipes, one of my techs is parting out his 670x summit and has a set of 670x cpi pipes he might be selling, if they don't go with his engine..... Pm me if interested....

No dents in those pipes:rolleyes:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
no dents in those pipes:rolleyes:

pipes are straight.... Only skiis and control arms, shock etc all bent backward.... I told him it would almost be worth finding the front suspension pieces and a new hood and guages and getr'done, but he's a motorbiker by heart, and wants the money for one of his racing bikes........

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pipes are straight.... Only skiis and control arms, shock etc all bent backward.... I told him it would almost be worth finding the front suspension pieces and a new hood and guages and getr'done, but he's a motorbiker by heart, and wants the money for one of his racing bikes........

That's a shame, must bring a:crying3: tear to your eye to see it go like that:)
Oh we'll as long as it treated you good.:beer:

I know of a hood and gauges.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heh summitric whats he asking for the motor? may have an interested person. also back to the point of the story. nonx pipes will not work on an x model.pipe ends are closed down to tight and cause big issues. my buddy is doin his engine right now as a result of chitty pipes. at least thats what we were told by deano670. your x model will run better with the single pipe anyways.

luvdiggin

Reaction score
thanks for all your help guys i think i have opted not to get the pipes last thing i want is a blown motor from trying to retrofit a set of pipes that were'nt designed for my machine

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i think my buddies lookin at about 1000 bucks so far cause he has to get new pipes as well. way cheaper to stay with your factory pipe and a can.

Top Bottom