1998 powder special

W O T

Reaction score
Had a '99 PS 700. we all talked about how indestructable it was. Then the next night I blew the ehaust apart , welded it back together and took the crank out of it the same night.
now I gave it to a friend and he is rebuilting it. Good machine though. Just can't have anything Nice.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I had a 98 ps and a 2001 ps both were 600 twins. stay away from the triple they were a bit of an issue. The twins were bullet proof and what a nice machine, kinda miss mine.

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my best friends had a 98 ps, reliable, always started - 40C or not. They just weigh in a little heavy tho in my experience.

Big twin

Reaction score
I had one new in 98. Did the black magic chip, v-reeds, some clutching and rode the ch!t out of it. Modified the tunnel to lose the snow catcher and set the suspension geometry, huge difference in hookup. The sled is still goin today. Wife rides one and loves it (she won't let me buy her a new sled). Pull and go is all she does.
I did the tunnel mod to 2 friends sleds last winter.... no crank issues, they did have an update on cylinders and pistons.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never seen a 600 twin PS have problems but a riding buddy of mine has the 98 PS 700 twin and he's had engine problems every year I've ridden with him, nothing to major but little things every year:d

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 99, 700 PS and runs well consistently. Will be selling it in the spring thou as I need a 440 for my son to ride.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i had one, it was a great sled, engine went at 2500km. i was told this was common. otherwise i loved the sled. i also did the black magic chip pipes and can. wow woke the sled right up.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a 98 Zr 600. LOVED that sled. Had a lot of fun on it. Smae motor as the PS and it was a good one. Easy to clutch and tune.

Top Bottom