1995 Hummer H1 - Should I purchase it?

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about 1995 Hummer H1's, possibly constant problems they encounter? I'm looking at one with 100,000km, seems like every H1 I see has a bunch of repairs done to it within the first 80,000km. Where as other vehicles usually run into issues after the 100,000km mark.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
As long as you don't start wearing a gangsta track suit and matching addidas!

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
H1's are the real deal not like the gay ass new ones built for soccer moms.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't buy it. Hummers are g_y unless your a chick, figuratively and literally. Just sayin'

h1 is a little different than the h2 or h3...

I love the look of the h1's and they may be good around town or in the woods but if you want to do any sort of long distance with them...re-consider.

I forget the dollar amount but a guy up here in ft mac has one and if he goes from here to Edmonton at highway speeds, he needs a full flush and service once he is there. Parts arent meant for those "speeds" for that long

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6.5L diesel engine. Not the most desireable engine out there. IMO

Bill Daley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The real issues with the h1's were they were big and proposed problems in parking in downtown areas.They also have some large blind spots that make them hard to park and manuver in heavily congested areas.There were no tethers in them for child seats.

Milage was very bad with them unless you had the diesel.Their biggest problem was people who bought them were trying to drive them like cars instead of the trucks that they were.Over reving engines and driving them at high speeds was the main problem faced.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I was thinking that the H1 was the Humvee... Now I'm back to my original thought. They're gay.

OOPs my bad I thought they were the military version, I also would like to re-sind my comment about them being cool.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1995 HUMMER H1 - Limited Edition - 6.5 Litre Diesel - All Wheel Drive - Tens of Thousands of Dollars Invested H2 - LOWEST PRICED HUMMER H1 IN NORTH AMERICA

Loaded, Immaculate Condition, All-Wheel Drive, Brand New $8,000.00 Paint Job, Red Exterior, Beige Leather Interior, DVD Stereo with Navigation, 4 DVD Monitors with 11 Inch DVD Headrests, Leather Seats Front and Rear with Additional Rear Seating, Seats Six, Off-Road Lighting Package with Brush Guard and Full Skid Plates, Custom Roof Rack with Front and Rear Off-Road Lighting, Factory Tow Package, New Tires, Automatic Climate Control, Power Windows, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Tinted Windows, Air, Cruise Control.

All Service Performed including New Brakes, New Alternator, Heads, Fuel Pump, Valves, New Windshields, New Transmission and Transfer Case, CV Joints, New Glow Plugs, New Ball Joints, New Fuel Filter and Air Filter, New Batteries.

Asking $30,000

Attachments

• hummer.jpg
    hummer.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 282
  • hummer1.jpg
    hummer1.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 278

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at this Hummer H1 vehicle for city driving only. I'm a realtor and I think it would be a great marketing tool as I live in a town of 50,000 people this vehicle will stick out from all the rest. I'm not a mechanic by any means, I would baby it to prevent a ton of maintenance costs. From what I can see looking at all the H1's is none of them have a ton of miles but a lot of work done to them. Will this vehicle make it another 5 years? Thats how long I will be financing it. One thing I came to realize is that although its 16 years old, it's a hummer and all the h1's look the same if you aren't an enthusiast.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id love one and the gas station by my place would love me even more

Looks bada$$ though eh?

From the responses the major concern is:

-Mechanical issues
-Maintenance
-Rough Ride
-Noise in the Cab
-I would only use it for in town

You can fit 4 adults in it comfortably.

I don't know how you can say that thing looks gay, looks like the men among men of vehicles. All it's missing is a turret on the roof and its go time.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks bada$$ though eh?

From the responses the major concern is:

-Mechanical issues
-Maintenance
-Rough Ride
-Noise in the Cab
-I would only use it for in town

You can fit 4 adults in it comfortably.

I don't know how you can say that thing looks gay, looks like the men among men of vehicles. All it's missing is a turret on the roof and its go time.

Rock Hudson never looked gay either but guess what? The H1 was released for gay guys who don't want to come out of the closet just yet, it's the biggest wannabe vehicle on the road. Just saying. On a note thats beyond personal opinion, every one of those things has a list of repairs/replacements a mile long those repairs don't stop, that thing will nickle and dime you to death and when your ready to sell your list will be a page longer. They are not the same vehicle that the US Army used nor are they maintained by a crew of highly trained technicians like an authentic Humvee.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say it is priced way to high. With all the work that has been done, to me that is a red flag. I would be offering about 10,000. Yes I am serious. They tend to have little issues that make it a PITA to drive. Stuff like the windows not being able to defrost in the winter time while driving. I wouldnt buy it.

Bill Daley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Although being built on the same line as the Humvee there were a few changes made to them for public use.If like you said you only want it for town use the high speed issues should not be a problem.It should last the 5 years with no major problems.Highway speeds of no more than 50-55 miles an hour is fine.They are a truck and ride like one not a car.

The blind spots and size will be your biggest issue and if you are not worried about either you should be fine with it.I would suggest taking it to a proper truck garage for the services though.The biggest problem was people were driving them to hard on the open road and causing all kinds of problems with the driveline.Many motors were replaced due to it and warranty problems became a pain in the ass for the manufacturer.That's why in the later ones you could only get gas engines in them.

The price for it is pretty fair.

Top Bottom