1991 arctic cat problem

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK so I have this old arctic cat 700. when it it cold it starts 1st pull. when it is warm and you shut it off its hard to start again. im breaking it in so with extra oil in the gas, could this be why? when it is warm I took out the plugs, they ARE NOT WET. this is weird? im mixing 80:1 in the tank and its 40:1 with the oil injection. also If I dont give it A little throttel somtimes it will stall and bog out. HELP!

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
did u do a regular maintance inspection lol
check your carbs, clean them if necessary, if the sled has been sitting for a while the jets could be clogged, gotta start with the basics , if it has spark, and air and missing fuel check your fuel source. id say its your carbs either need to be adjusted or cleaned

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did u do a regular maintance inspection lol
check your carbs, clean them if necessary, if the sled has been sitting for a while the jets could be clogged, gotta start with the basics , if it has spark, and air and missing fuel check your fuel source. id say its your carbs either need to be adjusted or cleaned

maybey jetting? the carbs are clean.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good cold starting and hard warm starting is a common side effect of low compression (worn rings).

Top Bottom