1982 john deere snowfire

Reaction score
I really hope someone can help me on here i was introduced to this site by a parts member at martin motorsports in edmonton alberta. i am on a mad search for parts for my beloved snowmobile. i have a 1982 john deere snowfire fireburst. everytime i go into martin motorsports for something for it they offer to buy it from me as they do not have one in their collection yet. i know they are hard and far between to come by i have owned this sled since i was 6 years old and it has never left me through the moving all across the province but in the most recent move i had the skid and track taken out of it and they were lost somewhere so i am desperetly looking for a complete skid track and possibly a hood if anyone has one. please if you or someone you know can help me out let me know asap!!!!!:(

Quasimoto

Reaction score
Try Snowmobile Heaven, North East of Rimbey. They have alot of 70's and 80's sleds sitting in their yard the last time I went by.

Reaction score
thanks i will try and find a number for them and get on the phone this is really a bummer for me as this sled has a fresh motor in it and runs like a dream

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Centerpoint Performancs between Leduc and Calmar talk to lyle (I think his name is )780 985 2747 I think he even may have one of these sleds on display.:d:d

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never ever heard pf a snowfire fireburst....would you have a picture to post? would love to see it....possibly a skid out of a liquifire would change up into it? You could also try Sled Parlour out of Cochrane....I'll see if I can locate a number for you...they also wreck sleds and have quite a collection of oldies....

Reaction score
i do not have a picture right now but i will see what i can find they are a pretty far and in between jd sled with very low production nnumbers like i said i got the sled for christmas when i was 6 and i have rode it every year since then but this one:( due to the recent move and missing parts and i just cannot scrap this old girl i need to fix it

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just googled it....never even heard of a sled like that before actually. I am wondering if a skid from a Spitfire wouldn't fit....like another member said give the boys over at Centerpoint design a call....they are the experts on John Deere and they'd know...

Reaction score
to all who told me they have a spitfire, trailfire or liqifire that i sent you a private messgae please get back to me

Last edited:
Reaction score
snowfire.jpg

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's just a Snowfire, the "Fireburst" name was the engine series. we had a Deere dealer here when I was a kid and remember all the models, Kawasaki built the fireburst line of engines as designed by John Deere starting in 1980. Spitfire and the Snowfire had the same engine after 1980, the original Spitfire engine was a Kohler when they came out. the ol' Liquifires used to haul some serious butt back in the day.

Top Bottom