1979 Motoski GPS Not getting spark

Yukon Mike

Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post so i better get it over as a newbie, i have a few vintage sleds, 1981 Motoski Mirrage 11, it runs like a top. my other sled is a 1979/80 (not really sure what year) motoski GPS, 503 engine, i am currently not getting spark, it has been acting up for the last few weeks, i have new plugs, replaced both coils, now not getting spark to both plugs, could this be a ground issue, as i have up plugged the harness a few times, but have checked it again, any thoughts would be great. Thx

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check to see if you have juice coming out of the stator. If there is a ground wire it is probably brown or black and should be easy to see if you pull back the carbs and take off the airbox.Good luck!

Reaction score
my machine just had the same issue after getting soaked . pulled all connections and scrubbed with a wire brush and brake cleaner and blown out with air . repacked with die electric.. everything seems to be fine now. try that , it seemed to work for me . hope this helps !

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Condensers! On those old Rotax's it was always condensers. We had to do them so often we used to re-mount 'em out from under the flywheel so it was easier to change 'em! :D

Top Bottom