180 tire on 08 Streetbob?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Need a new rear tire on the StreetBob and have decided to upgrade the size from 160 to 180.
Ordered the "kit" today which is basically wiring brackets to the tire can hit them.
Will pull the rear tire one the new on arrives and do the install.
Any advise or thoughts would be appreciated.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the rear tire replaced on my Harley for around 200-300 with the bike brought in. For 300 I would expect all you have to do is drop the bike off not the tire.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out why you would pay $300 for half a tire..... Most tires are 360*

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some thoughts.

Pulling the rear tire,
Your exhaust may not allow the axle to get passed, if true, there are two options. Pull exhaust, or unhook the shocks from the swingarm. Remove the bottom bolts from the shock eyelets then lower the wheel and swingarm to pull said axle.

Don't change the axle adjusters if your belt tension is still good. Just get the axle out and you can push the wheel close enough to release the belt from the rear pulley.

Might as well pull the caliper. Not from the line, but from the bracket. Take a look at the pads, do em if you're close yea? It also makes getting the wheel out much easier.

Keep spacers kept to each side. seperate them things.

Anti seize the axle.

It shouldn't be too tough. It's a fat tire and wire thing yea? You got this.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have thought that since the streetbob is a dyna you could get the same size tire there as my Fatbob. 180 is stock on Fatbob and I've read I could fit a 200 without mods.

Here is some info on removing the tire. http://www.hdforums.com/forum/wheels-tires-and-brakes/197816-dyna-rear-wheel-removal.html
I'll be changing my back tire this weekend. I was thinking of putting the rubber on myself but a friend mentioned the bead might be harder to break than I think.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Some thoughts.

Pulling the rear tire,
Your exhaust may not allow the axle to get passed, if true, there are two options. Pull exhaust, or unhook the shocks from the swingarm. Remove the bottom bolts from the shock eyelets then lower the wheel and swingarm to pull said axle.

Don't change the axle adjusters if your belt tension is still good. Just get the axle out and you can push the wheel close enough to release the belt from the rear pulley.

Might as well pull the caliper. Not from the line, but from the bracket. Take a look at the pads, do em if you're close yea? It also makes getting the wheel out much easier.

Keep spacers kept to each side. seperate them things.

Anti seize the axle.

It shouldn't be too tough. It's a fat tire and wire thing yea? You got this.

Never thought of the pipe, thanks for the insight.
I was planning on looking at the brakes too

Cheerz

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I would have thought that since the streetbob is a dyna you could get the same size tire there as my Fatbob. 180 is stock on Fatbob and I've read I could fit a 200 without mods.

Here is some info on removing the tire. http://www.hdforums.com/forum/wheels-tires-and-brakes/197816-dyna-rear-wheel-removal.html
I'll be changing my back tire this weekend. I was thinking of putting the rubber on myself but a friend mentioned the bead might be harder to break than I think.

Tire - mine has spikes so I goes a tube at same time. I'm going to leave that part to the pro's.
Thanks for the link, will check it out at home.
At the lake today with wifey for Mommy's day. Back for supper to BBQ with son.

Top Bottom