18 Mountain Cat 162

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled had less than 100km on it and he was like WTF I want a crate motor. So he got one.

First engine Cat sent was NFG, so they had to send another. The dealer treats him good, gave him a demo sled ext.

Thats what keeps him coming back to Cat I guess. Having a good dealer goes a long way in this sport.
A good dealer certainly does.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend is on his 3rd motor on his 18 cat in 3000km. If you call that reliable then...

He is happy though, because it is not nearly as big of pile of chit as his 16, or 14.

Cat owners have low expectations LMAO

huh?......as opposed to doo-tards living on false promises for the 3rd year??? lololol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh?......as opposed to doo-tards living on false promises for the 3rd year??? lololol

Took cat like what 20 years to make a half decent sled.

Doesn't make 3 years look so bad lol

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took cat like what 20 years to make a half decent sled.

Doesn't make 3 years look so bad lol

They had a bullet proof engine for the last....what 15, 20 years?

I think this design is going to prove itself as reliable........funny though your buddy doesn't know what happened .....snow ingestion has been an issue...not the engines fault...****ty plastics .......but at least CAT has been standing behind the few issues......what about your sled supplier....are you happy on how they're standing behind their issues?........or are you one of those who say there are no issues?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They had a bullet proof engine for the last....what 15, 20 years?

I think this design is going to prove itself as reliable........funny though your buddy doesn't know what happened .....snow ingestion has been an issue...not the engines fault...****ty plastics .......but at least CAT has been standing behind the few issues......what about your sled supplier....are you happy on how they're standing behind their issues?........or are you one of those who say there are no issues?

I have 8500km on my 17. Engine went last week on wednesday. Should have a brand new crate motor in by wednesday this week on warranty.

Yes I am pretty happy with that.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 8****ty has had some problems. But I think they'll have the figured for 19.

I think the monorail is goofy and Arctic cat will continue to sit in the #3 spot for BC snow machining
polaris being #2....lol

Halon60

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think the monorail is goofy and Arctic cat will continue to sit in the #3 spot for BC snow machining
polaris being #2....lol

I don’t believe that at all. Give it a year you’ll se a huge shift in who’s the #1 in the mountains.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

polaris being #2....lol

aaaand........again, what's your point? You know one guy with engine issues and label the whole line crap???

The Alpha is not new....Cats been playing with it since 2012.....is it for everyone, nope. But I think it will be a serious game changer for some.
Myself, I will stick with the standard skid....that's what's cool about what Cat is able to do now under Textron...offer choices. And this will continue to grow.

and #3....yup, what'd you expect, they've been running on practically a zero budget for many years......no more though but it takes years to build brand loyalty

Just because doo is #1, for now, is it seriously the best product out there???? absolutely not. It's good but not the best All the mfg'rs have good stuff right now.

Riders have great choices now.....exciting times!!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
aaaand........again, what's your point? You know one guy with engine issues and label the whole line crap???

The Alpha is not new....Cats been playing with it since 2012.....is it for everyone, nope. But I think it will be a serious game changer for some.
Myself, I will stick with the standard skid....that's what's cool about what Cat is able to do now under Textron...offer choices. And this will continue to grow.

and #3....yup, what'd you expect, they've been running on practically a zero budget for many years......no more though but it takes years to build brand loyalty

Just because doo is #1, for now, is it seriously the best product out there???? absolutely not. It's good but not the best All the mfg'rs have good stuff right now.

Riders have great choices now.....exciting times!!

The point was to get you going. Just bored tonight and wish I was riding today.

Glad you are happy with the choices they are offering. Honestly almost had me sold till my friend 2nd engine went this season.

I think the 19 850 doo is going to be the sled to own. It is nice to see competition though.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The point was to get you going. Just bored tonight and wish I was riding today.

Glad you are happy with the choices they are offering. Honestly almost had me sold till my friend 2nd engine went this season.

I think the 19 850 doo is going to be the sled to own. It is nice to see competition though.

I hope Doo comes through and yes, competition is great.

cheers!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

polaris being #2....lol
Lol I'll believe this when I see you on a 850.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They said the 850 and gen4 were tested for years by the team as well.... saying the original alpha is on that 2012 and never broke once and been rode hard everyday since then etc... is a bold statement. Competition is good for every brand, and they'll all sell! Break out of the recession by spending

Top Bottom