174 T3 vs 165 3" 850

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fredw "That at just sucks.. What the heII was doo thinking releasing something that wheelies that bad.. Heard baker got his skid dialled in for the new chasie, give him a call"

LMAO that looks more like the pilot's fault to me.

I ride a 154 2.5inch track and I'm still sore from ski pulling on this tank all Sunday long....(174 T3)

Its not the sleds fault if you cant ride it.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, some of you younger gen like that but for us old farts that have had a few sleds fall on us, it's been there done that talk.. Skis on snow in steep is my preferred ride..

Starting taking mussel relaxers allready for this first ride comming up

Fredw "That at just sucks.. What the heII was doo thinking releasing something that wheelies that bad.. Heard baker got his skid dialled in for the new chasie, give him a call"

LMAO that looks more like the pilot's fault to me.

I ride a 154 2.5inch track and I'm still sore from ski pulling on this tank all Sunday long....(174 T3)

Its not the sleds fault if you cant ride it.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb415/revy1516/DSCF9048_zpswosqfqnw.jpg

GregW

Reaction score
You know, looking to these forums for any kind of clue as to what a sleds capability his a real crap shoot, key word, "crap". Will still be campaigning my T3 this year and satisfied with that notion but I remember all the banter over the past 2 years where the haters tried really hard to convince the world that the T3 174 was over rated and the shorties were better all around sleds. Fast forward 2 years and countless real in the field experiences where I proved to myself and my buddies proved it as well that jumping on my T3 was like cheating and we would experience or watch it float through literally anything and climb with ease into the clouds and where others couldn't follow.

I guess the point I would like to make is that looking to this or any other forum to provide the answers you seek about the G4's capabilities is a pursuit into the realm of misinformation. The only true test and opinion that matters is your own, good thing my buddies bought some, it's my turn to push them off their toy and see what this new beast has to offer. Truth will always displace the hype and lies, you just need to wait for it and or prove it to yourselves.

In the meantime, ignore the haters who just might stop breathing if they don't change your opinion and enjoy your ride, no matter what it is. Snow is falling and your baby is tuned and ready for your next adventure. No matter how far or fast you get there, it should be a hoot and leave you with a smile!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy on his 165 g4 and myself on the 174 t3 did one quick pull up a hill with about a foot or so for fresh. The g4 took the hole shot and was ahead about four sled lengths up the hill. There is a noticeable power difference between the two.

This will be an interesting comparison with 2-3 ft of fresh. But then again, will we ever see that ��

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This will be an interesting comparison with 2-3 ft of fresh. But then again, will we ever see that 😭
Definitely. I'm going to put my money on the g4 due to the extra HP it's putting to the ground.

I still love my t3 but the new chassis is one sweet ride!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, some of you younger gen like that but for us old farts that have had a few sleds fall on us, it's been there done that talk.. Skis on snow in steep is my preferred ride..

Starting taking mussel relaxers allready for this first ride comming up

Looks like he didn't have enough momentum, should have let off the throttle going over the top and guarantee he was pulling back on the bars(holding on for dear life) and standing in the wrong spot on the boards. That's just a guess though...

Get those pills in ya Fred and come for a Braap in Revy:beer:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might have to put up with me a few days till the crew gets down.. Finishing off some grain cleaning and plan to leav that night, just not sure on the day yet..

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent some more time on the 850, liking it more now. Power is more noticeable now. The low end and mid range is there.

Climbing it does pull just as good or high as the 174.

I'm impressed with the side hill ability, very smooth and responsive. It doesn't wash out like the 163 T3, holds the line much better.

Throttle response is great when doing technical riding.

No issues with the belt or anything, runs great.

oldfart

Reaction score
I made the with switch from the 174" to the 850 165" and have no regrets just big grins. I have yet to understand what everyone is talking about the wheelies, I have not expierenced this and love the way it climbs and so did my friends who tried it.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find the exact same as above. I don't have any wheelie issues at all.

Jgibos

Reaction score
Was out with a 2015 xm 174 3" with a boost it turbo kit low boost. And a 2017 ski doo 850 stock minus the can and also my redline turbo 850 and the stock 850 and 174 turbo climbed the same height. Was kinda embarrasing for the 174 and the 850 turbo destroyed both of them.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
174 T3 vs 165 3" 850

Was out with a 2015 xm 174 3" with a boost it turbo kit low boost. And a 2017 ski doo 850 stock minus the can and also my redline turbo 850 and the stock 850 and 174 turbo climbed the same height. Was kinda embarrasing for the 174 and the 850 turbo destroyed both of them.

I read some other posts and stuff but I suspect this one to be true.

Sent from ...I only suspect this, and have no other real world experience to back it up ,so I really don't have any real input here.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 174 T3 vs 165 3" 850

Heard a rumour of that story.. Great to here your redline is kicking butt.. What track speed are you seeing

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!

Videos? As in proof? Didnt think so.

Jgibos

Reaction score
Videos? As in proof? Didnt think so.

Come riding and I'll prove it to you bud. I dont have to justify sh*t to you believe what you want. Go get an xm and through a turbo on it and let me know how much better an old sled goes then a new one turbod

Jgibos

Reaction score

Heard a rumour of that story.. Great to here your redline is kicking butt.. What track speed are you seeing

Deep snow see around 75 to 85kmh track speed. Some times more. All depends on conditions. If its only 6" to 12" of powder then seeing 95kmh

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Come riding and I'll prove it to you bud. I dont have to justify sh*t to you believe what you want. Go get an xm and through a turbo on it and let me know how much better an old sled goes then a new one turbod

Why so defensive? Maybe cuz your full of it bud? No vid and being defensive tells the whole story. Just a bunch internet fluff.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If we get another decent dump your way, would like to come down, seen Daves 850 run few months back in Revy and it was sweet, his Poo turbo even better, but heard he got his new intake hoses now and it's dial in very well..

talking with impulse, they are saying they are taking drivers out after so many miles, and having to go to avid, 7 tooth..did you the same yet?? Are you running aftermarket skid?

Deep snow see around 75 to 85kmh track speed. Some times more. All depends on conditions. If its only 6" to 12" of powder then seeing 95kmh

Last edited:

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock to stock the 174 will just barely hang with the 165 850, added Daryl Bakers coupled coilover set up to my 850 and now no comparison, it eats any stock sled and goes places I definitely couldn't go on my Aerocharged 154, can't speak to boosted 174 to 850, I'd think the Xm boosted would come out on top but with the baker skid who knows, totally different sled now, can't say enough good about what Darryls doin, amazing product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom